Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics from our trip!
We had plans to go to WA & OR but scraped those and just took off to wander around. We wanted to do the Beartooth Hwy again (absolutely gorgeous, btw.) and camped at a Forest Service CG just below the switchbacks near Red Lodge, MT.

We're at the summit! That's Cody on the left and Gypsy on the right and me in the middle. The lakes in the background are fed by snow melt. We were here 2 years ago and we think there is more snow this year that before.

[Image: Me%20at%20Beartooth_zpslsulryts.jpg]

We think the Beartooth Hwy drive is better than Glacier & Yellowstone although both of those parks are stunning as well. I think I posted pics of our previous trip on DE somewhere.

This is looking toward the mountains that the hwy climbs:

[Image: Beartooth1%20resized_zpsvsosesf1.jpg]

I got this pic just outside of our campsite. There is a haze from the forest fires farther west. We're in Bozeman, MT now and it's a LOT smokier. Sad

There is a gorgeous creek that runs the length of the valley and meanders around Montana till it meets Yellowstone River. It runs through camp in it's infancy.

[Image: Rock%20Creek%201_zpsnohgpv9l.jpg]

I also played with the cam settings to try to catch the movement of the water. I've always used "Auto" but sort of like the effect the difference setting gives. I might try some of the other options now!

Not sure where we're going next. Maybe down West Yellowstone way and camp along the Gallatin River. This "no plans" also means "no reservations" so we're at the mercy of walk-in spots. It's a bit disconcerting not to know where our next camp site is!
Ahhhh, but the adventure that awaits!
You'll have a marvelous time, I'm sure.

Love the pics [Smile] .

Ginger
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Nice pictures!
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Nice photos. I drove the Beartooth highway almost 20 years ago in June. There was a lot of snow at Top of the World. It was a beautiful drive. I wouldn't mind doing it again.