Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Morning Mist
I waited and waited for a morning like this to play this song. The sun hasn't been up very long at all. Low lying mist veils it's face and softens the trees and brush in the background. Perfect, absolutely perfect for the effect I wanted.

Dawn is breaking. The sun will soon burn off the mist and let the morning begin with the soft tones of my song adding to this haunting scene:

https://youtu.be/S_80Buu3UAg

Ginger
Good job Red Hawk.
I like how you did it outside in the early morning within the normal morning sounds.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Good job Red Hawk.
I like how you did it outside in the early morning within the normal morning sounds.

Thanks Hook. All comments are greatly appreciated on my music.

Patience does have rewards, and it sure did this time. That particular morning is exactly what I feel every time I play this song. To me it just sounds like a quiet, somber, misty morning before the sun comes up and changes everything. Kind of like life... in a way. I bet it's been well over a month I've waited for a morning like this to play it.

This is also the song that I blanked out on during the recording session for the radio show, but I think I know what happened. Two songs I play start out with the exact same note combination. It all started when I taught myself to play the theme from "Night at the Museum". Then I tried something different with those first few notes and came up with "Early Morning Mist". I think when I started playing "Mist" at the recording session, I actually was playing "Museum". The music went in the wrong direction, ended way too soon with no place to go, and I never realized it until days later. Oh well, no harm done.

Ginger
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown