Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arthritis and riding
Thank you, EZ! It has been a while. Lots of life happened and unfortunately my sweet little Monte passed. I am enjoying reading up on what's happened here. Smile
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Hey Montezrider!

I'm so sorry about Monte but it's good to see you again!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
It really is good to hear from you. I'm sorry about Monte, I know how you miss him.

Also, I want to thank you for recommending the Yoga book. It is the best one I have ever come across.
I am sorry about Monte! But so glad you are checking in here from time to time! Any plans for another horse in the future?

EZ2SPOT
Thank you EZ, PaintGal and Mrs. Hook. I still tear up just thinking about that day Monte passed and it's been over a year, now. But yes, I definitely plan on getting another horse and will be looking for a trail horse, this time out. We've moved to Arkansas and the country life, so I have lots of land to ride on. We will be building a home soon and a new horse may have to wait until that's done.

Anyhow, sorry about de-railing the thread, Cayuse. I know how a bad back puts a halt on much of your activity. I can only emphasize that gentle practice of this yoga may benefit you tremendously. Of course you won't start out taking the movements to their extreme position, but rather gentle movement as far as is comfortable. It's amazing how over time you will be able to increase that movement, but never, ever force past what you're able to do. I do hope you will at least give it a chance, you needn't go to a class and can do much to improve your situation right at home and in private. As I said, these routines only take 20 min. a day, which isn't much and you'll get back much more time than that in your life. Yes, it will take some time, but you've nothing to lose and much to gain. Best of luck to you. Smile
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC