Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY weather!
Yesterday was a beautiful 65 degrees and sunny! The water in the barn finally thawed again last night and I'm hoping it stays that way. It's supposed to be single digits again tonight. [Sad!] Tomorrow the high is 18, then another warm up, but single digits again Sunday night. If the water freezes again I'm definitely moving to somewhere warmer--with or without my husband! [}Smile] [Wink] As much as he's hated this winter he says he doesn't want to start over somewhere else. I'm so sick of the cold weather. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!
We already have 8 ft snow banks here and 15 C on the way this morning. We have to make the best of it, there is nothing we can do. Come on spring....
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

I was just thinking about starting one more winter thread when I saw this one.

Anyway;
It's snowing here... again... with wind gusts that could reach 35mph. This time the snow is wet. Good in some ways, bad in others. Good because it means little to no drifting. Bad because our power blipped before I was out of bed this morning. Then two more times by the time I finally did crawl out of bed. One look outside shows our utility lines are caked in over an inch in white. The power lines on the utility poles along the road have none, so maybe we'll see this through okay.

They're talking about down to zero F tonight. Right now we're right around 30F with it dropping all day. We could get 4 to 7 inches before it's all over, and I'm debating on whether to stay home from work today or brave the weather and hope I can get home tonight. JOY!!! Right now I'm seriously thinking of staying home. We'll see.

Spring starts a week from this Saturday(3/22). I sure hope and pray Mom Nature reads the calendar and that this is our final blast of winter.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Somebody should wake Mother Nature up lol -6C here

I have also had IT. Not only has been an exceptionally long and cold winter for my area, the up/down/up/down/up/down wild temperature swings are icing on the moldy winter weather cake[B)][8]

we hit 73 on Tuesday. Yesterday (Wed) our high was 42 with wind chills below freezing.

The wind gusts were so high, my horses' tails were often flying straight out from their sides, like frozen pants on the clothes line.

Today, we have full sun and temps in the 50's which is a little below our normal temps but fine by me.

And thru all of this, my horses are moulting hair faster than I can scrape it off. They love the metal teeth on the Furminator because it stimulates their skin. After I'm done pulling hair by the buckets of them, they go out and roll - lollol

This has to have been the most obnoxious winter on record, when the entire continental U.S. is being considered[Sad]
We have a snow warning for today, need I say more

Warm today 50's tomorrow 30's and snow around the
corner.What's up !!!!
You don't know when to get ready
to Ride!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by farmgirl

Warm today 50's tomorrow 30's and snow around the
corner.What's up !!!!
You don't know when to get ready
to Ride!!!!

Riding? What's that? Refresh my memory [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
we had about 20 some cm of snow here yesterday. For tomorrow sometime we are due another 15cm Plus winds of more than 100KM per hour. Then its supposed to rain. This spring weather is so nice. NOT!!! guess I won't be riding anytime soon. And I have a month to get ready for a riding clinic. I suspect that won't be happening. Sigh.
Cayuse
A lovely horse is always an experience...It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. Beryl Markham
Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never quite the same, and you never know it all. Monica Dickens