Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bladder Cancer
April 2013 I was diagnosed with bladder Cancer. Under went surgery in April. Had first round of Chemo in August and September 2013. Today had a follow up biopsy. The surgeon found 2 small tumors in the bladder while doing the biopsy. He removed them and said everything looked fairly well. I go tomorrow for them to remove the tube and Bag from my bladder and get the next round of chemo started. There will be a biopsy and chemo treatments every 3 months for 2 more years.
Oh gosh, Rick! I'm so sorry to hear of your problems. It's amazing what can be done now and it sounds like your docs are on top of things. With the 3 month schedule, if anything else dares try to get started, it'll get treated while it's still small.

Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Sending healing thoughts your way Rick.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Thanks Guys the positive thoughts and comments are what keeps me strong.
Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.
Rick prayers and thoughtrs are being sent through the universe for your quick recovery. Do you have peer support. My friend had the same cancer and is doing well now. She had a number to call for other people her age and problem and it really helped her. Keep us posted we are always here to talk to.
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Thoughts and prayers of healing, strength and perseverance...
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Boy Rick, I am sorry you have to go through this. Glad the tube is coming out...happy things looking good. Stay well..so glad you are back on DE.