Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it spring yet?
Oh WTW, that is so funny [Big Grin]!

It might not be much, but I'll take this: They are now saying -15F instead of -18F for tonight. The winds are supposed to start dying down too. We've been having 35 to 40 mph wind gusts. By tomorrow they're saying 20 to 25. More drifting covered our well pit completely sometime last night. You can't even tell it's there.

We have our furnace set at 64 to keep it from running constantly and to conserve heating fuel. We should get a delivery either today or tomorrow, and we should make it until then. The roads are clear, and the sun is shining. So it looks like I'm going to work today and hopefully the rest of the week.

I blanketed the horses last night after letting them go most of yesterday without. It got up to a whopping 33 degrees late yesterday afternoon and evening. I hated blanketing them up when it was still that warm but knew they'd appreciate it this morning. They gave me no complaints. As of 9:30 this morning, it was reading about 12F above in the barn. I'm also glad we'll have enough feed to last them until early next week when the temps should be more normal. With Dove on combined feed and not able to have hay, this is very important. Terra can live on hay alone if need be, but hay is bad for Dove's heaves.

We're surviving, and hopefully by Thursday everything will start getting back to normal.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Burrrr it is just to dang cold. Get my horse trained just to watch her eating the little bit of money that I am making now a days! People aren't getting their dogs groomed cause of the cold!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Not here in Montpelier Va. it is about 30 degrees outside.
Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.
-7C here today not bad outside.
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Twenty-five and sunny here today but going down to zero tonight, and again tomorrow night. Then we are in for a warm-up. Supposed be in the 50s next week. I can't wait![Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by Dani

Twenty-five and sunny here today but going down to zero tonight, and again tomorrow night. Then we are in for a warm-up. Supposed be in the 50s next week. I can't wait![Big Grin]

Oh I could wish! It's -4F here right now. Supposed to get up to 12 above, then back down to -6 tonight. We're supposed to see the 30s near week's end with more snow for the weekend. Here we go again [Sad].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Well, not surprisingly, the forecasters were wrong and it was -5 yesterday morning and -12 this morning. Should start the warm up today and should actually be above freezing tomorrow.
RH, impressive pics! Looks very cold!

Believe it or not, 78 today. Unseasonably warm and we are headed for draught pretty bad . Even the amber alert signs on the freeway flashing on the need to save water. Good excuse not to bathe the horses and wash the car I guess!

Wish we could melt some of your snow and import it!