Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Junk Mail
Anybody but me getting unwanted email that's horse related? I have three such emails in my junk file that I never asked for from anyone (and don't want). Could someone have somehow gotten hold of the DE membership email list [confused2 ? Just asking.
Only THREE? [:o] Count your blessings but I doubt that they are from DE. If you've filled out a form anywhere at HHF or a feed mill or tack shop then you'll get stuff.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I'm not doing anything I haven't done in the past, and this is the first time this has ever happened. This is the only horse site I'm on right now. That's why I thought it might be through DE and wanted to check and see if anyone else is having the same problem. It's just weird that it's happening all of a sudden, that's all.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Ditto if three is all you've received, you're one lucky person. I get at least that many every day.

There are these things called Spy Bots that can track you for the express purpose of learning what sites you visit. Based on that, anyone can suddenly find themselves inundated with e-mails and even catalogues in their mailboxes they never asked for.

To shorten my "computer died" story, I just paid another $80 to have one such spy bot removed from my PC. It wasn't a threat to the system but it's little cyber eyes were following my IP address' every move.

Even though my Malware and Antivirus weren't showing any malicious offenders, my PC was running slow and I knew something was lurking. Sure enough it was a spy bot.

FYI, my new PC has a web cam. Did you know those can be activated by someone else and you may never know it? I never activated mine but I did put a several layers of tape across it, just in case[Big Grin]
LOL!! I have tape on mine too.

RH> it could be from the Edge too. I get probably 100/week that go into my junk box. Some I signed up for, some I didn't.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~