Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Day for Riding
OK, I give up!

PG, can you post the others? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

I see "theater" at the end of some of the URLs that you are posting. The ones I've posted, I got from the post on your time line. Others say they are temporarily unavailable.

[Image: 1425661_687615447915663_2013387076_n.jpg]

Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Looks like you have some interesting places to ride right around home! I didn't ride this past weekend; too much to do, but I'm hoping to get to Strawtown this coming Saturday.

EZ2SPOT
There are several farms near our house that we can ride on. We are very mindful to only ride on the "edges" of the fields, so as not to sully the crops (hay and soybeans). There is also a long, gravel county road that we can ride on with farms along both sides. All in all, you could probably stay in the saddle 2 to 2.5 hours. Lots of interesting sites (creeks, wildlife, cows, barns, farmers working the fields, etc.)

I like it because it's easy to convince Maria to drive here and ride, so I don't have to trailer anywhere. I usually have to throw-in dinner, but that's okay! lol
Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

That sounds wonderful! There's too much traffic to ride on the roads here. I have to admit, there are what they call "trails" down both sides of a road near here, paved, though. I have seen some people ride their horses on these "trails," but I've been leery of it. There's maybe 2 ft of grass between the paved trails and traffic going by at 50 mph. As for fields, there's one right across the street that hasn't been developed yet, but when I asked if I could ride on it, I was told no.

I'm really hoping some of us can get together next year to ride!!

EZ2SPOT
I'm not much on road riding myself. Not only do you have to worry about vehicles, you also have to be concerned about the footing. If a horse spooks on blacktop, they could quickly loose their footing and fall.

I second that hope. I would love for us to have a huge turnout for another DE ride, but will settle for a few of us to get together and share the trails and a campfire or two in 2014.
Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,