Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Buggers . . .
Wrecked my truck today on the way to work this morning. Roads were rainslicked and truck spun out around a sharp curve and hit a rock wall.

Buggered up the front bumper and the rear bumper, from where it spun around. As for me, I'm just stiff and sore from being bounced around the cab of the truck.

Still can't figure out why I spun out as I was only going 30 mph around the curve.......

Glad you were not seriously hurt. That is the most important thing. Scary situation I am sure.
Cayuse
A lovely horse is always an experience...It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. Beryl Markham
Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never quite the same, and you never know it all. Monica Dickens
Did you have your seatbelt on? Glad you were not hurt.
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Yep, had my seat belt on. Interestingly (and thankfully) the airbags didn't deploy. The rear bumper came to rest on a little bit of a rock ledge, which kept one of the rear tires off of the ground. Couple of firefighters got it onto solid ground so I could get out of the ditch.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

YIKES! Glad you weren't hurt and it wasn't worse. You probably hit a spot where there was some oil or maybe you hydroplaned. Men in uniform first thing in the morning....hmmmmmmm.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
WOW!!!!
I was thinking maybe it was a fresh rain so the oil was still sitting ontop of the asphalt.

Hope you arent feeling any worse. I know after I have a horse accident I feel REALLY bad the second day.
Yikes. 30mph is WAY faster than we like to think.
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
It was definitely a yee-haw experience! I think I spun around a couple of times before the front of the truck hit the rock wall and then made another half rotation with the rear bumper coming to rest on a little rock ledge. The lady behind me was kind enough to call the emergency folks as my cell phone didn't have any service there. She asked what in the world happened and noted I wasn't going very fast. In fact, she said she was waiting for the next straighter stretch so she could pass me. She decided then and there she would slow down, too.

On a good note, Mo can fix the bumper for as little as $40 (it pays to have a fella who can do it all)!

I was a little leery driving around those S-curves today, but the road wasn't wet. I think the problem was that the rain yesterday wasn't heavy and the oil beaded up on the road. We just put brand new tires and brakes on the truck, so don't think it was any fault of the truck. So, that leaves the responsibility to the road, and oh my goodness, the driver! lol
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Trucks can sure be hard to handle if the road is even a little slick. I can't tell you how many times I've had to slow down suddenly in my car (driver pulling out in front of me, or cars slowing because of an accident down the road), and have looked in my rearview mirror to see a pick-up fish-tailing behind me, trying to stop. Sure scares the you-know-what out of me!

Got to admit my truck sits in the driveway most of the time, unless hauling a load or pulling the trailer. I never get in my truck without being very aware that they can often be more "weapon" than "transportation!"

EZ2SPOT