Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our new Rescue
We tend to rescue animals. If they show up on our door, they get rescued.
Saved a mustang from the neighbors, a dog hit by a car or beat, starved and heat exhausted pup in a parkinglot, starved and dying 5 week old kitten, skinny mama kitty still dripping milk, CBR with severe ear infection and thin (RIP), SPCA dog (RIP), dog from next door (still lives with us), horse from a horse trader that used a KB auction, feral cat given rabies and dewormed.
Only one not saved. A 6 week old kitten with a prolapsed anus. Had surgery but it was a failure. I had her put down. RIP Kitler.
Most recent was a horse saved from a KB auction. The Belgian. He had hock surgery and looks like he'll need the same on his fetlock.

This little girl showed up at my husbands work. Practically knocking on his door (look at the prints on his door).

He took her to the vet where she's at now and has to remain for a couple days while they treat her for sarcoptic mange. When we bring her home to rehab her she'll have to stay outside for a few weeks til cured. I'm not happy about that but I can't infect the rest of my animals.

So I'm in search of a kennel and dog house for cheap.
Any other time I get on CL and see them all over the place. Now...noooo, now I only find a couple and they are being sold by dealers.
So if you all know anyone that donates to people doing rescues...point them to me! LOL

[Image: w841.jpg]

[Image: kytj.jpg]

Thank you, Buckfin, for what you and your husband do for animals in need! You are indeed a blessing!
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Awww...My husband would take that little girl in a NY minute. Hope she recovers quickly.
Got good news...she's heartworm negative!
She's also between 1 1/2 and 2 years old.
40lbs

I've contacted the Humane society and they are going to donate a few cans of food.
God bless her soul, hope she finds a forever home, hard to type through the tears.

I d;n't know if you have kijiji where you are but I always find free things there.

Also Bless you for being so kind to all animals.
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

I don't think so Colleen...but I'm going to the Salvation Army tomorrow to see about some cheap blankets and stuff.
Thursday we pick up a used Kennel we found on Craigslist.
Gonna use an old 55 gallon drum for a dog house.

The fun part is refeeding. Like I do with starved horses I feed MANY times a day itty bitty meals.

Can't wait til she's clear of mange so we can bring her in the house to meet her 'brothers' LOL
I will never ever understand how someone can treat animals like that. I would love to see those people in exactly the same condition that they put their animals in. I guess I'll just have to hope that karma will get their posteriors sooner rather than later and that they suffer as much if not more than the animals.

Bless you for taking this poor pup in and treating her as she should have been all of her life.

Please keep us posted on her progress!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Karma...
Put out all this money for rescues and then on my way home today I was frustrated and in pain. Just wanted to get home.
Didn't pay attention to my speed.
Got a speeding ticket.
I can't win.
I ask the cop if he wanted to even hear why. He says "I dont care why. Get a lawyer and go to court"
Funny thing is..it COULD have been the car in front of me . He had already passed me and didn't come back for at least 3 minutes!

NC cops are all like this. VA is just as bad too.
Well that sucks! He probably need to meet his quota.... Karma will get him too!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I regret looking[Sad][Sad]

Why I like my animals better than people[Sad!][Sad!]

She's in the same condition my Dobe/Rott was in, when I rescued her in February, 2004. Kara also had sarcoptic mange, so had to stay in the garage.

It was horrible having to bath her in the cold, with that mange stuff.

The vet had wanted to put her to sleep but her eyes were asking for a chance.

As I said, that was in 2004, she's laying beside my chair as I type this.

The very best to you in re-habbing her. If you can't keep her I pray she finds a caring forever home.