Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Riding Plans
It is very frustrating! RH, Kim at MTR posted that the trails are open, though the Hickory Ridge and Blackwell campgrounds are closed. Harv, no fees at Hickory Ridge, either. They COULD use something to block the roads to both camps, however.

EZ2SPOT
I am hoping to ride at Shaker Village Sunday and would like to plan a camping trip the 19th 20th. Where is Spring Valley?
Hi Kris, I'd like to get to Shaker Village sometime before the snow flies, too. From what I hear, they have really improved and expanded and improvedthe trails there, as well as gotten rid of the gates to open and close!

Spring Valley is in Southern Indiana near Paoli. It is a really nice trail system where the trails are nicely maintained and easily traversed. It's not a huge trail system, but enough to enjoy for a day's worth of riding. I'm the kind of person that doesn't need to ride a different trail every day, as long as I'm in the saddle, I'm good!
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

It's going to be an absolutely gorgeous weekend, this Saturday and Sunday! Wish I was going to be in the saddle, but have to go to a family birthday celebration on SundaySad.
Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

I rode today at a small park called Westwood, which is just west of New Castle here in Indiana. The trail goes around a lake, and it was a beautiful day to ride! I did have a scare, though. A loose horse came running up behind us on a narrow part of the trail; ravine on one side, and weeds and a fence on the other. Warsong jumped into the weeds and probably saved us from a collision, but I was nearly unseated in the process! Fortunately, it all ended well. The horse was caught, my nerves settled a bit, and we went on with our ride.

EZ2SPOT
Thank goodness you didn't have a crash, and glad Warsong jumper in the right direction! It was a beautiful day here in KY, too, but I didn't get any riding in; just fishing. For some reason, I think I've been to Westwood, from years and years ago.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,