Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Daily Equine Drying Up?
I am on FB, but also check the DE just about every day. I'm not doing anything much with my horses right now, to write about.

Grandbaby #2 was born July 9th, so that has been keeping me busy close to home!

AD, that was quite a story! I first saw Parelli at a clinic in Red Lodge, Montana, back in the early 90's. I have found many of his methods to be useful. But doesn't it always seem like whenever a trainer becomes a celebrity, common sense goes out the window? Glad you and Seven at least got 4th!

Well, folks, I miss you all! PG, looking forward to seeing those pictures!

EZ2SPOT
I, too, miss all the activity we used to have on here. Seems it has all gone to Facebook. I would love to see it pick back up on here. I do check in here regularly, although not daily like I used to. I would if things started happening again.

PG, sounds like we used the same travel agent! First half of July we made the loop of Devils Tower, Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier and then back down to Sheridan, WY. It was a great trip.

Speaking of pics, that's part of the problem here... it's too hard to post pictures. It's way easier to do it on Facebook, so that's where all mine go.
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

I, too, miss all the activity we used to have on here. Seems it has all gone to Facebook. I would love to see it pick back up on here. I do check in here regularly, although not daily like I used to. I would if things started happening again.

PG, sounds like we used the same travel agent! First half of July we made the loop of Devils Tower, Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier and then back down to Sheridan, WY. It was a great trip.

Speaking of pics, that's part of the problem here... it's too hard to post pictures. It's way easier to do it on Facebook, so that's where all mine go.

Dang it, Harv. I sure would've liked to have seen those pics [Sad]. Couldn't you post them here? Please, please, please [Tongue]? You took some great pics of Shawnee awhile back. Why not these?
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
I check in here every couple of days as I always have and miss all the informative posts and discussions. And photos! I am on facebook, using it only for private messaging and tack groups, but debating whether to stay with it. Facebook has indeed stole life from several forums I am on.

I have been riding quite a bit on two geldings. One is mostly QH, with some Arab thrown in from Sask., the other is a Paint x Percheron from AB. I have been riding as much as I can, though the rides are only short in duration.
Cayuse
A lovely horse is always an experience...It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. Beryl Markham
Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never quite the same, and you never know it all. Monica Dickens
Harv,

You can link pics from FB to here. Once you get the pic on FB, click it so it brings up the larger pic window then RIGHT click on the pic. Copy Image URL then either click the pic icon on DE and paste the link in or type [ img]PASTE THE LINK HERE[ /img] EXCEPT take the space out after the [ .

This is one I posted a few weeks ago on FB: [Image: 892495_4533814641777_1910095214_o.jpg]

I haven't posted any from the trip on FB. I'd just as soon not have everyone in the universe know we're gone although we do have people in & out daily checking on things.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Karen, I had no idea you could do that! Is that a new feature? I will give it a try.

[Image: 1010679_10200723019612804_1818306963_n.jpg]

Sippin' a little Yellowstone Bourbon in Crazy Creek Campground, Shoshone National Forest, WY. Cheers!

(Trying to keep from drying up myself!!)

OMG PG!!! What a gorgeous shot of your donks!! Such a beautiful place....so green and serene. Breathtaking!

And Harv!! Loving that picture .... like the woods behind you. Your new property??? Indiana? Looks like a good place for sippin' !
Bones, note the caption... that's Wyoming, on vacation.

quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Harv,

You can link pics from FB to here. Once you get the pic on FB, click it so it brings up the larger pic window then RIGHT click on the pic. Copy Image URL then either click the pic icon on DE and paste the link in or type [ img]PASTE THE LINK HERE[ /img] EXCEPT take the space out after the [ .

This is one I posted a few weeks ago on FB: [Image: 892495_4533814641777_1910095214_o.jpg]

I haven't posted any from the trip on FB. I'd just as soon not have everyone in the universe know we're gone although we do have people in & out daily checking on things.

Need the LIKE button!!
What a great shot, and such beautiful animals!

Thanks for the FB/photo tip - will certainly try that.
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Great pictures!!!
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb