Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Field Trip?
Since the last DE rides were very poorly attended, I'm wondering if anyone would like to do something different next year...like meet at Kentucky Horse Park for a weekend? Details could be worked out later; I'm just wondering if that might work better, since nobody would have to deal with bringing a horse and camping.

EZ2SPOT
I'm game for any kind of DE gathering, with or without horses.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Well, Appy, it looks like we two are the only ones interested !!

EZ2SPOT
quote:
Originally posted by EZ2SPOT

Well, Appy, it looks like we two are the only ones interested !!

EZ2SPOT

I only check in occasionally. Tentatively, we would love to get together with everyone. That tentative includes getting baby sitters lined up, which has been a difficult experience lately.

I wonder how many other people only check in occasionally, and it will take some time before everyone sees it.
Haven't been on in awhile but would be interested. I need a vacation without my critters for a change! Of course would still love to see other critters! LOL
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Well, if it turns out enough of us are interested, we can start thinking about possible dates! I would recommend not scheduling it at the same time as some of the big events at KHP, because the hotel rates skyrocket during those times.

EZ2SPOT
I won't be able to say one way or the other until I know the date and what's going on around that time. Also cost. Hotels can be expensive... more expensive than camping and trail riding, at least for me.

And now I know the reason why DE will go days at a time without a post if members don't check in every day like I do. It only takes a few seconds if that, and I sure miss all the chit chat. Here lately it's been amazingly dead. Surely there's things going on that can be talked about, and too many times I've seen new members join with no replies ( I know I'm guilty of this too [B)]), and they leave never to return. The forum needs to grow if it is to survive. Otherwise it'll stagnate, dry up, and blow away [Sad].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Facebook gets all my time! Sad but true.
We could check into renting a cabin or even go to campgrounds. Hotels are not much in my budget.Fort Boonesbourough has a campground and is not to far from the Horse Park.
As much as I am in lexington I never have gotten the chance to go there!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
I'm sure there are lots of options as to where to stay, and people could do whatever suits them and their budgets will allow! There will likely be some who would prefer hotels, and some who would like to camp out. Any info you might have as to camping in the area would be much appreciated, I am sure!

EZ2SPOT
Incase anyone is interested, Horse Saddle Shop will be hosting a trail ride at Potato Creek State Park in North Liberty, IN on September 14th. It's pretty informal. Just come whenever you can. Lunch is provided. You can get more info here - http://horsesaddleshop.blogspot.com/2013...-park.html