Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladies Ride 2013; Pics
Sorry for the delay in posting these, but I was having trouble understanding photobucket's new programming. I'm sure you'll all agree that the wait was worth it.

And here they are:

Blackwell horse camp in early morning haze:

[Image: LadiesRide-2013018-2.jpg?t=1369413438]

Our girls (Terra (right) & Warsong (left).). I can just imagine them asking, "Where's Breakfast?"

[Image: LadiesRide-2013019-2.jpg?t=1369413456]

Our neighbors just a bit down the way from our girls:

[Image: LadiesRide-2013022-2.jpg?t=1369413494]

Home away from home. That's EZ's rig on the left and mine on the right:

[Image: LadiesRide-2013020.jpg]

Breakfast is served:

[Image: LadiesRide-2013021.jpg]

Warsong having fun in the water on the trail:

[Image: LadiesRide-2013023-2.jpg?t=1369413546]
Nice pictures, RH! Really brings back good memories of the ride! Warsong sure did love the water; she'd splash with one foot, and then when she got tired, switched to the other.

EZ2SPOT
Those are some interesting looking hitching rails. I've never seen any like those. We don't do water play, ever since Hi-Grey lay down and rolled in one of the Brown County pools. When the feet start splashing, we get out of the water.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

Those are some interesting looking hitching rails. I've never seen any like those. We don't do water play, ever since Hi-Grey lay down and rolled in one of the Brown County pools. When the feet start splashing, we get out of the water.

I've seen horses lay down in water after splashing in it too, Appy, but never seen a horse lay down on a rocky bottom. This creek bottom is all rocks of varying sizes. I doubt if any horse would be inclined to lay down on those rocks [Smile] .

This creek is about midway in the section of trail that the ITRA is fighting to keep open. Those wanting to close are saying the horses are having too much impact on this area and causing soil erosion, which is a bunch of bunk. If this trail is closed to horses, the only way around it will be Trail 545 with all its switchbacks and following along the upper edges of high ridges. I like going that way, myself, but not all riders appreciate the view.

Blackwell's hitch rails are unique but suffice. So you've never ridden Charles Deam Wilderness area, Appy? You should try it sometime. It's about a 5 to 10 minute drive from MTR. But be aware that it's totally primitive; no electric and no water. All you get is a hitch rail for your horse, pit toilets, and you park on the grass. The upside is camping is free, though you still need a Hoosier National Forest tag to ride there.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Thanks for the info, Red Hawk. Let's hope the ITRA wins its battle! We don't need to lose any more trails. I don't mind primitive camping as long as my horse can be adequately cared for. You definitely can't beat the price!

Regarding horses and water play, all it takes is to be dunked in the drink once to not want a repeat. lol.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Warsong has never tried to go down in the water. She just likes to splash in it and get ME all wet!

EZ2SPOT
Thanks for the pics! Looks like it was a great weekend. Both Warsong & Terra are looking great.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Thanks for sharing. Looks like the weather was great and bothe riders and horses enjoyed the ride.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Gorgeous site, thanks for sharing!
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~