Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from the Ladies Ride, Finally!!!
RH and I had a great time at the annual Ladies Ride at Blackwell Horse Camp, and wish more of you could have been there! Guess who we saw? None other than Parrothead! It had been so long, that I didn't recognize her, at first!

I say that I FINALLY got home, because there was trouble along the way. A trailer tire blew just as I was getting off the interstate. I made it to a shopping center, where I waited for US Rider to send someone out to put my spare on. I joined Warsong in the trailer for the 45 minute wait, because it was actually cooler in the trailer than it was in my truck (unless I continually ran the A/C). Warsong took the delay well, which rather surprised me, since she had not behaved very well on our ride this morning.

Blackwell was beautiful, with purple, red, and yellow flowers blooming! The pitch-in and gift exhange were also fun. No streaker on horseback this year...

Our horses were not in the best of shape, thanks to this very wet spring, which kept us from riding as much as we usually would. Because of that, we didn't ride as long or as hard as we often do. It was plenty of riding for me, though, since I'm not in the best of shape, either.

Sure do miss the yearly DE ride. Maybe next year??

EZ2SPOT
I'm glad you & RH got there & had a good time. How many gals showed up?

Bummer about the trailer tire....and the streaker! LOL!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Good to hear you finally made it home. Blown tires are no fun! Sounds like the ride was good.

I agree, we definitely need to do another DE ride. Think we could get one together for this fall?
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Not as many participants as previous years probably due to the weather report predicting showers and thunderstorms for Friday and Saturday. I'm guessing around fifty as compared to the seventy ladies there last year.

EZ & I got lucky and didn't get really wet on the trails but ended up waiting out the rain a few times in the back of my trailer. My slant load doesn't have the rear tack compartment that allows me to swing the stall divider over so we could sit comfortably in our camp chairs. The rain was neither hard nor long. Warsong and Terra never got wet where they were tied to the hitch rail under the trees. Sunday the sun came out and stayed dry.

I did get a few pics and will try to get them up soon.

EZ; oh no! I lost track of you after stopping for gas at Martinsville. It's sure no fun to have a blowout when hauling horses. Thank goodness everything worked out and you (and Warsong) got home safe.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

Good to hear you finally made it home. Blown tires are no fun! Sounds like the ride was good.

I agree, we definitely need to do another DE ride. Think we could get one together for this fall?

Count me out. The ITRA Fall Ride will probably be my last campout of the year [Sad].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown