Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking In
AD, I think I have found the perfect friend for Seven.

Check out this link. Smile

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-pets-livestock...Z479590315
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

AD, I think I have found the perfect friend for Seven.

Check out this link. Smile

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-pets-livestock...Z479590315

Break my heart! He is gorgeous for sure. But the logistics... transport from Ontario .. don't even know what customs regs would apply.
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Gets me that they call him a "cow". LOL Steer or bull maybe, but cow? I don't think so [Wink].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
A week later...

[Image: pups4-30.jpg]

Cuter by the minute!
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Cute is just not strong enough to describe these little fellows. Looking forward to you bringing him home and watching him grow up.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
So sorry to hear of your loss of Chinook and your golden. My arab, Thunder, has been alone since I bought him last August. He used to live with three other horses. There was definitely and adjustment period, where he fretted, paced, and called out, but he is fine now. I was very concerned about him being lonely, but folks kept telling me to give him time and he would adjust. They were right! Congrats on the puppy. I know you are excited to get him.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

So sorry to hear of your loss of Chinook and your golden. My arab, Thunder, has been alone since I bought him last August. He used to live with three other horses. There was definitely and adjustment period, where he fretted, paced, and called out, but he is fine now. I was very concerned about him being lonely, but folks kept telling me to give him time and he would adjust. They were right! Congrats on the puppy. I know you are excited to get him.

Thanks for that Appygirl. Though Seven has not really gotten agitated, he seems much more settled now than a couple of weeks ago. The fact that there are lot of horses within range of sight and sound must help a lot. One funny thing though - he NEVER used to talk, beyond a very occasional soft nicker. Now he greets us with a strong whinny almost every time he sees us, and is very generous with the nickers. He is becoming ever more dependent upon humans...
I don't know anything about goats except this little song. Maybe it will brighten someone's day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ggShvZziXo
Thunder is very talkative, too. I believe Seven (and Thunder) recognize us as part of their herd now. I have debated whether or not to get Thunder a buddy (mini pony or donkey), but I feel he is doing okay without one. He does have horses across the road that he can see and hear. I must admit that it is so nice being able to saddle him up and ride off with him and not have to worry with him being buddy sour.

We do have occasion when he gets to visit with other horses when friends and I go riding.

So far, it seems to be working well.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

I just had a lost my {cat} of 18 year's
it is so hard when you have a pet for so
long.And now i am sick with bronchitis , been to Dr. twice now.
I hope to get to feeling like myself soon, so i can Ride!
Farmgirl