Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An honest question
quote:
Originally posted by hoopski

Just don't be this guy.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8238421/boarding

That was excellent and all so true. Too bad there are people actually like that who want a horse and will never understand until it's too late.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Great Scott where did you find that[cool1][cool1]

My favorite part was at the end when the BO told the man "you are an idiot" lollollol
LOVE IT! LOL!

I had to share it on FB. [Smile]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

LOVE IT! LOL!

I had to share it on FB. [Smile]

Me too - perfect!

Re: Cost of keeping...

Hmeyer's 3-3.5k$/yr/horse seems about right - until last yr when we had to pay an extra thousand or so per horse for hay...

I could never board my horses - the work is its own reward, and yields the priceless benefit of being able to look out the window and see - HORSES! And they're always "there" for you... sometimes there is nothing like a horse hug.
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Just passing this on for those that would like to get the insurance with a Premium Membership with NATRC (North American Trail Ride Conference) Pretty cheap liability insurance... [Smile]
http://www.natrc.org/membership.htm

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP: Platinum members receive insurance benefits thorough Association Resource GroupARG. Platinum members receive personal excess liability coverage with a $1,000,000 policy limit. Coverage is for
claims brought against members of NATRC (Platinum) arising from the use and /or ownership of a horse and for
horse-related accidents involving third party bodily injury or property damage. Coverage will apply when engaged in
any horse related activity, and coverage is in excess of any existing valid and collectible insurance. There is no
deductible. Professional Liability is not included. Business exposures are excluded.
___ FAMILY……… $130 /yr Household of 1 or 2 adults & children under the age of 18 as of Jan 1 (2 votes)
___ SINGLE ……... $ 80 /yr Single adult member (1 vote)

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Oh Hoopski, that was just too funny..and too true![Big Grin]

I always thought horse care and horse psychology 101 should be taught as part of riding lessons, not just jumping on their backs and away you go!

It is not Cheap, but it is worth it in the long
run.My horses bring me so much Joy!!!