Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year!
Have any DEers set resolutions relating to their horses, or their horsemanship?

I am hoping to get some face-time with Mark Rashid, either at clinics or (preferably) over a meal.

Anyhow, best wishes from Colorado, for a stellar 2013!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS
I resolve to try and get a horse this year.. I sure hope your resolutions come true.
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

I sure hope things improve this year, but I'm not optimistic. The only thing I'm doing--and have been doing every night since I got the news--is praying to save the life of a very dear friend of mine diagnosed with lung cancer. Because of his already weakened heart and lungs, they can't do any treatment therapy or surgery. It could kill him. I'm pretty sure no one on DE knows him, and he wants to remain anonymous. So I'm not mentioning names.

Today started with my hubby getting me up earlier than normal. Terra had a very mild case of colic. By the time we drove to the vet's office to get a couple doses of banamine and got back, she was acting fine and eating her breakfast. I just went to let her out not long ago, and she did a nice healthy dump in her stall as if to let me know everything's fine. She even trotted and slung her head a little after I let her out. Now, I'm trying to decide whether to stay home from work today or tough it out and hope I don't fall asleep before the end of my shift at 11:00 pm tonight since I didn't get much sleep. Sure hate to waste a perfectly good personal day on the first workday of the year [Sad].

I guess if I do have any horse related resolutions, it'd be to have the time and money to get out and enjoy the trails as much as possible and do some horse camping with good friends as much as I can, too.

Here's to a better year for everyone with smooth sailing all the way. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Happy New Year AD, and all other DEers.

This year I am thinking about going in a different direction with Cruiser. I am thinking about trying the Extreme Cowboy type trail classes. They look very similar to the trail classes we used to do in the 70's and 80's, but with the addition of speed. Cruiser is very sensible about things, seems to enjoy working obstacles, and hopefully is brave. I know how to finises a trail pattern, so it should be a different and fun adventure. There is a trail clinic near me in Feb, and if the weather co-operates I want to go audit.

We will probably also go to the local club shows and show the English classes. At a true 16 hands and growing he has a hard time framing up and slowing down enough for the western events.
Arenadirt, I am jealous. If you get face time with Mark Rashid, pictures and a trip report are a must[8D] I love his philosophy as it reminds me, very much, of my grandpap who gave me the best horsemanship foundation a person could ask for. It also doesn't hurt that he resembles that hunky movie actor Sam Elliott - hope that doesn't stick in your mind when you get to his clinic - lol lol

I made a resolution many years ago, never to make another one and I have kept it, to-date - lollollol

Goals? I am retired and not able to ride anymore, thanks to re-schooling "them dern Widermakers" and riding my snowmobile like it was the General Lee.

That means my goal is to continue to Keep On Keepin' On, muckin' stalls, have the monetary means to keep my four clean and healthy, as the "baby" is 17 and everyone of them now has some sort of issue.

The sun is shining today, for the first time in well over a week which should even make the horses happy. They all got in a twist yesterday, in a way I have never seen - it had to be the weather - we would never survive life in Seattle, WA or London England - lol