Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloud (update AGAIN!)
Yeah, the first story still has me spitting nails. But I truly don't think I'd have connected with Tracy and her barn otherwise, and for sure not without prejudices.
Wow! What an incredible story. Tracy sounds like someone I'd like to meet and get to know. It surely does sound as if Cloud has found her forever home and will be loved and treasured there as much as she was with you. I'm so glad I got to meet her all those years ago at the DE ride.

and for you..... DON'T BE A STRANGER!!!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Wow! What an incredible story. Tracy sounds like someone I'd like to meet and get to know. It surely does sound as if Cloud has found her forever home and will be loved and treasured there as much as she was with you. I'm so glad I got to meet her all those years ago at the DE ride.

You met TRACY on a DE ride all those years ago? (lol)

But otherwise, yeah, now that I know Cloud was trained in dressage (and still remembers it!) had I realized that I think I would have been way more inclined to take lessons enough to know how to get the moves and I'd have ridden her at home just practicing that! One of the main reasons I didn't ride her more was (a) hard to find anyone to trail ride with; (b) trailer ramp door became impossible with my shoulder as it's gotten to be; © hated riding on the roads around here and my own property isn't big enough not to just be ridiculously boring to ride here.

Now what ifs and if only's aside, I'm not sure if much of the dressage stuff would have helped or hurt any arthritic issues because she's developed some. And realistically, had I known that and done that, I'd have been even more broke than I am now, from paying for dressage lessons.
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

You met TRACY on a DE ride all those years ago? (lol)

But otherwise, yeah, now that I know Cloud was trained in dressage (and still remembers it!) had I realized that I think I would have been way more inclined to take lessons enough to know how to get the moves and I'd have ridden her at home just practicing that! One of the main reasons I didn't ride her more was (a) hard to find anyone to trail ride with; (b) trailer ramp door became impossible with my shoulder as it's gotten to be; © hated riding on the roads around here and my own property isn't big enough not to just be ridiculously boring to ride here.

Now, "what ifs" and "if onlys" aside, I'm not sure if much of the dressage stuff would have helped or hurt any arthritic issues because she has developed some. And realistically, had I known that and done that, I'd have been even more broke than I am now, from paying for dressage lessons. I am sad though that I didn't check that out because apparently if she knows what she does, it includes stuff a horse doesn't learn with just half-assed dressage training.

As for Tracy, her facility is not cosmetically impressive and I truly think had I just stopped in without a reason to have jumped right into getting to know her in the ways I did, I might have not pursued it as a potential good bet for Cloud. But her horses sure are healthy, happy little somebodies. I have a feeling that from a horse's point of view and all the things that make them happy and secure feeling, Tracy's barn is likely parallel to an exclusive club. They are definitely happy animals. You can just feel it from the emotional energy they put out and from seeing how they behave. I only saw the 52-year-old from a distance, I really want to see him more up close next time I go. And the 40-something year old. I think they're kind of a pride point with her. I don't know if she was pulling my leg but she said her record was a 60-year-old (61 or something.) Is that even possible? I dunno.
So glad to see you here! Top it off with a sad story and end it with a happy one! Love ya OTW
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Please tell Tracy she has fans in places she never heard of...
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
quote:
Originally posted by Arenadirt

Please tell Tracy she has fans in places she never heard of...

Yes, I agree...and what a blessing to have Tracy for ALL of those horses there as well [^]

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Here is photo of Carol and Cloud from our 2007 (has it really be that long ago?) get together in Indiana.

[Image: OTWCloud2.jpg]

And Carol with the trophy for the person who traveled the farthest.

[Image: OTW-with-trophy2.jpg]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Ohh, I almost spit my coffee all over the keyboard when I saw these photos, lol. Let's say I don't photograph well, but I gotta say that first one looks like I'm 7 months pregnant underneath a black monster that's clinging to my belly, lol! Good photo of Cloud though.

I've taken to feeling very sorry for myself for not having realized Cloud's dressage training because instead of several years (more than) of GUILT for not riding her (to justify expense for me but also to exercise her), I would have taken enough lessons to know the cues and probably obsessed on working with her (and me) on those.

So I was telling all this to my sister, and she did not make it easier. Now she used to be quite the hunter/jumper rider, really did go on hunts, fox and dogs and all (however that works). Her horse did a sudden pop the brakes right before a jump and she got catapulted head first right over his head which was not pleasant. So she switched to dressage. So here's what she said. "Oh Carol, that's too bad!! Dressage is SO much fun and knowing you, you'd have really gotten into it. And it's also a really safe kind of riding. Sheesh, all this time you could have been doing it right there on the flat land behind the barn -- a perfect sized dressage arena without the fencing."

Do I need to hear this? LOL, LOL!! She meant well. But ouch, ouch, double ouch!!

Seriously, the one woman at the place where Cloud is, who knows dressage, is leaving for greener pastures. However if it weren't for that, I would take lessons from her ON Cloud. And do it there. Dang, dang. No one else there knows dressage. I don't think. It's mostly a western saddle trail riding/lessons scenario.

Ouch, ouch.

I DO still have that little Longest Haul trophy. Cutest thing I've seen since ears on a mouse. But I really don't look like that. Doooo I???? Arg.
How about these. Smile

[Image: OTWCloud3.jpg]

[Image: Cloud.jpg]

[Image: OTW-TSW.jpg]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson