Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy
Just checking to see how everyone's doing with the hurrican/tropical storm/whatever it's become where you live. So far, here in E OH, we've had a LOT of slow steady rain and a little wind but not what they had predicted we might get which was sustained winds of 25-30 mph with gusts to 50. It didn't even keep me awake last night. Power is still on, though I do have a generator that will power the whole house and barn. I learned from the storm in 07 that knocked out my power for 8 days. [:O]

So currently the horses are confined to their stalls and are not particularly happy about it but I think after today they will be able to go out into the paddock. I am SO grateful it has not been bad here.

How are you all holding up?
Here in Southern Ontario;
Still Windy, 3C. A bit of rain. No power outages last night. All is well.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Pummeled with wind and rain, then 70 degrees and sunny....now being pummeled with rain again, LOL, typical New England weather.....and WAY better than the storm that dumped 20 inches of snow on us one year ago!
<'\__~
_(( // ====

quote:
Originally posted by sbower

Pummeled with wind and rain, then 70 degrees and sunny....now being pummeled with rain again, LOL, typical New England weather.....and WAY better than the storm that dumped 20 inches of snow on us one year ago!

Glad you guys are okay!
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Checking in also to see how everyone is doing; hope all is ok with everyone.

Showed Gary Indiana with some very bad weather...but thinking that is pretty far from you all. The waves on Lake Michigan on TV impressive/scary.

Hope Horse Crazy Girl is OK...she is pretty far north of the brunt of the storm I think.