Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another dang Horse
That's great to hear she's back up. Sorry you pulled a muscle trying to get her up. The people that had these horses need to be starved the way horses were. Treat the animals right people! Makes you want to choke someone.
Sally has been in a sling for 5 days now. She was going down to often and is just to hard to get up. Tried keeping her in the trailer where she shouldn't have been able to lay down.She did and made a mess of herself, mainly tore the underside of her head up and rubbed many spots raw while thrashing around. She will be kept where she is in the sling for a few more days then we shall try again but confine her to the stall so we can put her back in sling if needed.Her chin is a mess but is healing just nasty as it is draining.
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Gee, it sounds like she is in seriously bad shape! That colt I bought, was almost as thin, and very lethargic, but nowhere near that weak.

Like everyone else on here, I am praying the little gal pulls through this!

EZ2SPOT
She decided it was time to be free and escaped the sling.She lays for hours but does eventually make it up.Gaining weight and trying really hard to heal. Still trying to be a bit distant but getting more hopeful..If she makes it she is going to be a awesome horse , never seen such try in a animal that was this bad at the start. Vet can't even believe she is alive, she was the worst case of starvation she had ever seen. It just caused her body to basically shut down but her mind said eat, drink and keep doing so...........maybe we can still lick this! She is bright eyed and finally getting some color to her gums.
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
quote:
Originally posted by BethAnn

She decided it was time to be free and escaped the sling.She lays for hours but does eventually make it up.Gaining weight and trying really hard to heal. Still trying to be a bit distant but getting more hopeful..If she makes it she is going to be a awesome horse , never seen such try in a animal that was this bad at the start. Vet can't even believe she is alive, she was the worst case of starvation she had ever seen. It just caused her body to basically shut down but her mind said eat, drink and keep doing so...........maybe we can still lick this! She is bright eyed and finally getting some color to her gums.

I was so afraid when I saw you'd made another post that the worst had come. So glad to hear Sally's still among the living and fighting so hard to stay that way. I'm betting now she's going to make it.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Even with all those bones sticking out, you can see that Sally has a really nice conformation! I'm so glad to hear she is at least gaining a little weight. Hang in there!

EZ2SPOT
Just a quick update. Blind stallion is now in a new home! It has been a couple of weeksand no complaints but I was straight up about what they were getting.
Sally is starting to look pretty good! She is all healed up and running in small bursts. She has grown 4 inches long and 2 inches higher. Hard to get weight on them in a growing spurt, let alone with one that was in such bad shape.
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Good job, Beth! Where are the pics?? Wink
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Hope you can get some pics up soon. I can't wait to see how much she's improved and so glad she has energy enough to run now. That's quite a change from that poor starved filly you brought home [^][Wink].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
I am having a artist do a drawing of her and will post that when I get it. Will be a bit before I can get pictures up but will soon. Have a surprise up my sleeve so will post all at the same time. I will be with out a riding horse soon and I am OK with that, as will be starting Lovie very slowly after X-rays to make sure her knees are done. She is my favorite and I am willing to wait for her!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale