Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2012 ITRA RIDE!
Redhawk and I had a fabulous time at the ITRA ride this weekend! It rained a bit on Friday, but we got in a short ride, anyway; hey, it turned out we could have taken a longer one, since the sun was shining brightly by the time we got back to camp! Turned out, though, it was probably for the best that we didn't tire the horses out too much on Friday, because we had a nice, long ride on Saturday, over to Hickory Ridge campground, and then on trails 9 and 2. We'd forgotten how pretty those trails were!

We were accompanied by a friend, Lindsey, who ride one horse, while ponying another. Ginger and I both had some reservations about this, but everything worked out well.

Even though we were tired, we sure enjoyed the pitch-in dinner Saturday night! Paintgal, Beth, and Tag, we missed you! Tuffy, I hope you will be able to attend next year!

Sunday, we rode trail 80 to 90C, let the horses rest for an hour or so when we got back to camp, and then headed for home.

EZ2SPOT
It was a gorgeous weekend and I sure wish I could have been there.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
There's not much I can add to what EZ has already said. It was one of those super perfect weekends where everything seemed to work out for the best. Aaannnnddd, like EZ pointed out, it would've been better yet if some of our DE friends could've been there too [Big Grin]. Maybe next year [Smile].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Doing re-enactments back to back this month. They usually aren't that tight but we did some invitation only ones and glad we did! Heading out tomorrow to Feast of the Hunters Moon! Just got back from Kohkohmah Foster a really nice one. Wish I was riding more and would have enjoyed seeing you guys, we have great memories that need to be added to.Blame cat for all typos she is laying on keyboard!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Pictures please.
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

quote:
Originally posted by Colleen

Pictures please.

Sorry, I didn't take any this time around. Same places, same horses, same people, and nothing much different that everyone hasn't seen before. So I didn't feel the need.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown