Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to School for Butterbrickle!
It happened every year; I'd swear to ride Butterbrickle more and get her out and about; then spring would find me riding Warsong more to get her ready for the camp-outs, summer would be too hot to ride much, and when fall came round, I'd ride Warsong on the longer rides, since she was the only one in shape to do it! Seems like Butterbrickle never got trail ridden more than a time or two each year, if that.

And I have always felt so, so guilty about having a good horse just standing there doing nothing for most of her life. So, anyway, this year, I am determined to break the cycle, and she is taking a little "vacation" at Turning Point, where she started her training 6 years ago. Ed will trail ride her, with the goal being to get her more used to being ridden away from home and around other horses.

Once she returns home, I'm hoping that I will be more motivated to take her places, AND I'm hoping that when I do ride Warsong, someone else can come along and ride Butterbrickle.

It is always hard for me to have one of my horses away from home! But when I took Butterbrickle to TP yesterday afternoon, she settled right in and acted like she'd never been away.

EZ2SPOT
Good for you! After Ed has her, you'll probably feel more confident with her. It's hard to ride more than one horse and nearly impossible for one person to keep 2 horses in shape. At least it was for me!
<div align="left">Karen ~ Trails & Joe Paint Gelding Paoli, IN</div id="left"> <i>"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night." </i> [Image: th_horse-galloping.gif] ~~~~~~
Oh, that is so very true! I frequently say that nobody needs more than one good horse. But once you have them, kind of hard to give any of them up (especially when it is so hard to find a good home for a horse these days!). Of course, nobody ever pays any attention to me, and, as anyone can plainly see, I didn't even follow my own advice!

EZ2SPOT
Glad to see Butterbrickle will be getting some ridin in. Don't be so hard on yourself. You doing the right thing, will need help every so often. Maybe when she gets back things will be easier.
Vicki, when she gets home, bring them both over here for a ride or two and I'll also meet you at Strawtown. Janette or Julie would both be delighted to ride her for you!
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
That would be great! She should be back home sometime in June. To tell the truth, I've been too busy to even ask how she is doing, let alone go over there to ride her...

EZ2SPOT
E-mail me when she comes home and we'll ride. I am on vacation the last 2 weeks of June,otherwise I should be around.
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Ok! I'm sure Ed thinks I just dumped her there and forgot about her!

EZ2SPOT
How is Butterbrickel doing? Have you called to get an update yet? Maybe this will help.
Butterbrickle is home; I picked her up this afternoon, and hope to ride her tomorrow. She left here looking like the Pillsbury Dough Horse, and came back looking pretty fit! Ed said he took her out on the trails every day. Unfortunately, I never did have a chance to ride her while she was there.

For those of you who remember him, I saw Hmeyer while I was there, and he and Deb are doing fine. With their very long commutes to work these days, they have not had much time to keep up with the DE. I did tell him about the ride.

EZ2SPOT