Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member wanting to say hello :)
quote:
Originally posted by EZ2SPOT

You are blessed to have such a beautiful area to ride in, and such a nice horse to do it on!

EZ2SPOT

...and I second EZ's comment!

Welcome to the forum!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
OK, I have to ask. How do you pronounce rekrab and what does it mean?
Thanks again everyone for the nice welcome Smile

Dani, it's my Surname backwards (Barker) and has been my online alias for a good few years now. I usually pronounce it as rek rab (Wreck Rab)

Strange I know Smile
You're wearing a HELMET!! WOOHOO!! Good for you.

Helmets aren't worn enough on this side of the puddle, especially for those that ride western although there are more and more trailriders that are beginning to use them.

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I second the WhooHoo on the helmet![Big Grin]
<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

Thank you Smile My old riding instructor used to tell me:

"You only get the one brain, so protect it" Smile

I even wear it while working around the horses in the yard.

I think it looks good out on the trail and it even fits in well with my duster that I use for the beach/rainy weather.
quote:
Originally posted by Rekrab
... where the "Game Of Thrones" series was filmed Smile

Which I am enjoying immensely.
I am glad you mentioned Game of Thrones. It is on my list of shows to watch and I had been waiting for it to come out. Now I can get a Season Pass from iTunes and watch this, while I wait for True Blood season 3 to come out.

I agree Rekrab, with technology these days, making it even safer, and new designs, how could anyone think that it is too ugly to wear?
<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

quote:
Originally posted by Rekrab

Thank you Smile My old riding instructor used to tell me:

"You only get the one brain, so protect it" Smile

I even wear it while working around the horses in the yard.

I think it looks good out on the trail and it even fits in well with my duster that I use for the beach/rainy weather.

Your riding instructor is a wise man.

There is a nice discussion about helmets here.

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic....IC_ID=3728
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson