Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angel's training
Good news, Beth.

I still think you need a few lessons on her with the trainer so you can understand how to keep her in tune.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
I do agree with you Hook and wish it was possible. I used to be a good trainer so it is not such an issue. My legs and hip just don't give me the security I once had is the only reason someone else got to do this. I can't ride a buck anymore and that was what she was pulling when she didn't want to do something. They were little bucks but still a buck and I didn't want it to get any worse.He is a western trainer and her main bucking with him was over the back cinch. Tomorrow she comes home after we go on a ride together at the trainer's place.
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Good luck with that, and be sure to tell us how it goes!

LOL, I was never a good trainer, and age has not improved me!

EZ2SPOT
quote:
Originally posted by BethAnn

I do agree with you Hook and wish it was possible. I used to be a good trainer so it is not such an issue. My legs and hip just don't give me the security I once had is the only reason someone else got to do this. I can't ride a buck anymore and that was what she was pulling when she didn't want to do something. They were little bucks but still a buck and I didn't want it to get any worse.He is a western trainer and her main bucking with him was over the back cinch. Tomorrow she comes home after we go on a ride together at the trainer's place.

Good luck with the ride and have a safe trip. Looking forward to some good reports.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
I like your description of yourself Beth. Instead of pearls you have a rusted truck and trailer. It is nice to be reminded of what is more important!
I bet Angel and you will do all those things you mention.

Angel is home! Still a pistol and argumentive but when you tell her something with a bump she will go.Need to get some weight on the dang critter! Anyhow our ride was muddy but crossed a deep creek and lots of mud and she never once bucked.Her back is ouchy though so gonna find a chiiroprcter to see about helping her out! Now for the fun of gettiing another horse broke in!!!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
I'm glad she's home! Maybe once she gains some weight & has more padding, maybe the soreness will go away. Joe has some extra padding he could let her have. [Wink]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~