Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you spell UGLY?
I shouldn't be shopping and really I'm not but do like to look at ads for horses online. I ran across this ad last night and my jaw dropped. He is young but good grief! AND...look at the price. [:O]

Take a look and see what you think:

[url="http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/horse-ad-1008069.html"]Buckskin Sabino[/url]
Oh my! Poor little dude! I like how he is a "stallion prospect" too. He is only a yearling and maybe he is just gangly right now and will fill out as he ages. We also have to remember he is not a quarter horse and the gaited horses look very different too. I think the too big halter is part of the problem and he'd look much better if it was adjusted tighter. He does have a kind looking eye!
quote:
Originally posted by tchighhope

We also have to remember he is not a quarter horse and the gaited horses look very different too.

I told myself that too. LOL! I sure hope he's gelded and isn't bred.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I don't think he's THAT bad looking. In fact, he looks to me like he would make someone a terrific trail horse! Like Trina said, you have to keep in mind he is NOT a Quarter Horse, and should not be judged against those standards.

That said, I'm big on gelding "stallion prospects." Most breeds just have too darned many breeding horses.

EZ2SPOT
Well he is young and does have a kind eye.... he might grow up to be a pretty and reliable trail GELDING [Big Grin]

Looks like fodder for Fugly Horse of the Day
What the heck is a kind eye? You see this comment about a horse picture all the time here and I don't have any idea what it means or how to identify it in a picture. Is it just wishful thinking on the viewer's part? I suspect it may sometimes be the last comment just before a horse stomps on your foot.[Smile]
LOL, hoopski, I think people use the term to mean the opposite of the Appy eye!!! Just kidding...

EZ2SPOT
Fugly would have a field day with that poor upside down neck and poor conformation(and I ain't using quarter horse standards)
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Fugly is on FB and *someone* did post a link there. [Wink]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Aw...I hate having any horse called ugly! True, some are better looking than others. A LOT better looking than others!

But in all the years that I've been involved with horses, I've noticed that there are quite a few good performance horses that don't look like much. A friend of mine had a mare that wasn't a mule, but she sure looked like one. That mare did everything, anyone could ride her, and she lived into her 30's - still sound. Then there was the splay-footed, ewe-necked mare another friend owned. Same thing, used this mare for everything. The friend died, and the mare was given to somebody else, who is still riding her, I believe. This mare is close to 30.

I'd tell ya about all the perfectly beautiful horses I've seen that ended up being able to do absolutely nothing, but there are too darned many of them to list!!

EZ2SPOT