Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue-Appaloosa Gelding
22 years old and still going strong! I looked at one of the pics I took of him when I first got him, then looked at this and realized that he had lost a little bit of weight...but then I realized he had also gained a bunch of muscle! [Smile] He had been in 'retirement' for two years, just sitting around doing nothing, but with us, we built his stamina back up and reconditioned him so now, he's my trail ridin' machine. I just love him.

[Image: THEconformation.jpg]

Oh, I also talked to his previous owner and discovered that it is believed that he was a stallion pretty late into his life. I asked because he was, uh, 'seducing' our filly. Oo
Blue is looking good.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Thanks Hook! ^^ I'm happy with how much I have been able to raise his stamina and that after two years of trail/show riding his back is still in great shape.
Four things greater than all things are, -
Women and Horses and Power and War.
~Rudyard Kipling, "The Ballad of the King's Jest"