Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News!Good News! Update 7/24/10(More Pics)
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

It looks GREAT, RH! I'm really happy for you and know you'll get a lot of good use out of it. Once you get all your stuff in it and set up for camping, you need to take more pics!

Your wish is granted, dear lady.

Once again, this is the front end of the trailer from inside the tack room. I bought the plastic storage drawers at Wal*Mart. They sure are nice for storing all my personal items:

[Image: TrailerinUse7-2010005.jpg]

How do you like my bedroom so far [Big Grin]?:

[Image: TrailerinUse7-2010003.jpg]

I stored all the horsey stuff and camping odds & ends near the divider wall:

[Image: TrailerinUse7-2010002.jpg]

Since some of you showed interest in this, to the left side of the divider wall is how I set up my portable hook rack on the blanket bar. It's great for my helmet, horn bag, or coats, jackets, and such with the permanent hooks for bridles, breast straps, halters, lunge lines, etc.:

[Image: TrailerinUse7-2010004.jpg]

And like I said earlier; Plenty of room for a couple hay bales in the back and still haul my horse. The tarp keeps the hay dry when traveling in bad weather. It sure came in handy with that cloud burst I encountered going around Indy going home from MTR last Sunday:

[Image: TrailerinUse7-2010006.jpg]

Okay, I do believe I've bored everyone enough with my trailer pics now [Tongue]. Hope you enjoyed the tour [Big Grin].

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

LOVED the tour...and who's bored with looking at horse stuff...EVER?
Thanks for the pictures! [^]

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Nice, NICE Trailer Ginger. Well worth the wait. I am sure both you and Tera will enjoy the added room and comfort on your road trips.

I like this shot of it hooked with up to your truck with both horses and the dog. Nicely balanced look.

[Image: NewTrailerHasArrived001.jpg]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Well, what d'ya know! I never noticed Sal there by the hitch [:O].
Good eye, Hook [Smile].

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
It looks great!

I have a smaller version of the Wallyworld drawers in the Short Bus and have found they work themselves open so I'm going to run a bungee cord or maybe an old belt around from front to back. It's up a lot higher than your drawers so probably gets a lot more motion as we bounce along.

I think it was Jill who mentioned that one of those big contractor trash bags is perfect for a regular sized bale of hay. I haven't had a need to find out yet but have used tarps which get the job done. Unfortunately, they can also flap around and work themselves loose. You could probably use magnets to stick to the inside if you need more places to hang stuff.

You're going to get a lot of use out of that set up! Congrats again. [clap]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~