Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News!Good News! Update 7/24/10(More Pics)
While I was doing my weekly shopping in Wally World today, Steve decided to stop by Zahm's and see if there was any news on my new trailer (For late comers--see "Delays,Delays" and "Trailer Shopping" to catch up on this story [Smile]). I was afraid that Bill Zahm might get upset since he's told us they would let us know when they hear anything. I'm sure glad Steve did now. Are you ready for this?

It will be delivered on Monday!!!!!!
7/12/2010.

This will give me plenty of time to carpet the camping area (the walk-in tack room) and get everything switched from the old WW to my new Corn Pro. I'll get pics up as soon as I can. Looks like I'll be going to the July DE Ride in style [Tongue][Wink]!!!

Good news. Your patience has been rewarded.

Looking forward to the pictures.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Good deal, RH!

Are you putting carpet down in the dressing/camping room?
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Yay! I know you sure didn't want to spend another night in your old trailer! Looking forward to seeing the new one at the DE ride!

EZ2SPOT
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Good deal, RH!

Are you putting carpet down in the dressing/camping room?

Yep, that's the plan. I've carpeted the dressing/tack room of my last two trailers. Sure is nice standing on carpet than a bare wood floor. I already checked around and it'll run around $45 to $50. I thought about buying a 6 X 8 foot rug, but it runs just about the same price and won't cover the entire floor.

One little correction to my original announcement. Steve explained that it will be ready to pick up on Monday. It still might be Tuesday or Wednesday before I'll be able to bring it home. It just depends on how soon Zahm's can go pick it up [Smile]. But they do know I want it in time for the DE Ride and when I'll be leaving for that ride [Wink].

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
WooHoo! I bet you can't wait! Be sure to share pictures with us, maybe even befre and after carpeting.
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Zahm's called early this morning. My trailer is in. They were hoping we could pick it up today, but Steve had to go into town for a disability physical and switch funds so we can pay for the trailer. He's still not back yet, and I have no idea how long something like this might take. I made an appointment to pick the trailer up tomorrow morning when things won't be quite so hectic around here.

I did go and check it out. It's larger than I pictured in my mind but exactly how I wanted it. On the plus side; the extra large tack room's floor is covered with a firm rubber matting, which means I may not have to carpet it after all. The entire floor under the matting is wood for the length of the trailer. Now I'm thinking maybe a throw rug to stand on when getting out of bed to dress. Nothing definite yet. Just throwing some ideas around.

The trailer looks very plain on the outside since there's no pin-striping or any kind of art work, but that's okay. It's function I was most concerned about rather than looks. I could've had a flashier paint job, but decided to save a little money by not having it done.

I'll be getting a new ball for the hitch. This trailer takes the next size up from the conventional 2" ball I've had for all my other trailers, though the hitch is exactly the same type as my old WW.

And don't worry. I'll be taking plenty of pics tomorrow. It'll depend on time whether I'll get them posted then too. It might not be until Wednesday. So please try and be patient.

I'm really going to like this trailer [^][^][^]!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Yee haa!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Great news!!! Just in time for the DE ride, too!

EZ2SPOT
Looking forward to the pictures.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson