Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Gear Bargains?
PG, have fun @ Bass Pro.....My dream Place....
I agree about cooking out doors.....Hate the alarms and getting the cooking smells in the living area.

dunhorse, LOVE the shepards hook thing.... I got one just rusting up in the barn..

Our hint....a standard bale of hay will just slide into 55 gal contracters plastic bag. Twist tie it shut and laugh at the rain.
Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

The fire alarm & CO2 alarm *might* have gone off with ear piercing screeches which only stopped when the batteries were removed..... just sayin.

Hey, I hear ya! Sometimes our alarm company calls and when I answer the phone they just say, "Is Deb cooking again?"[}Smile]

Just kiddin', dear.[:X] [B)]
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

PG, we take a Coleman 2 burner stove and a very cheap, rectangular charcoal grill with us when we camp. Not only do we grill meats, but it's great for pizzas and veggies. I have NEVER used the gas stove in the trailer. It's either microwave or cooking outside.

I've had good luck with the commercial bale bags if I'm only taking a bale or two; like Parrothead we use the contractor trash bags to bag hay bales if we're going to haul them in the back of the truck.

We also have a tiny wooden folding table that sets outside just at the electrical outlet where we put the coffe maker, so you don't have to go back inside to get more coffee.

RH, we use those large plastic multiple-drawers in the trailer for lots of supplies..keeps things organized, can move outside in good weather, & they're cheap.

What fun! I love getting camping tips.
If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.
Tons of good tips! ::: runs out to buy new things for camping :::

Harv - put a small tarp down on the trailer floor before setting up camp, then there is no need for slippers [Tongue]

My most favorite investment is the 48 gallon water tank that I keep in my trailer. Other than making sure the trailer is fairly level (so the water will drain out) it's been the cat's meow, no more hauling water buckets across the campground.
Juli, yeah I tried that once and somehow my catalytic heater got tipped over and melted the tarp! Lucky I didn't succumb during that trip!

Tanks! Yeah! Adam just commandeered (borrowed indefinitely) a 150 gallon water tank off a fire truck! As soon as we get it plumbed up we will carry it in the truck to use to fill the water trough in the back pasture and also for camping. We will be able to go for several days without horse water when we get that fixed up.
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

I agree, some really good camping tips here! That little folding aluminum table that some of us have...did ya know that Meijer carries little stools to match? I keep one in the dressing room to sit on when I need to; it folds up into next to nothing.

EZ2SPOT