Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer Shopping Update... 5/7/10
Yep, Tuffy, it will look something like that on just that side only longer. The entire length will be 18 feet. No ramp either, which will throw Terra for a loop until she gets used to it. The old WW is the only trailer I've owned since we brought Terra home. She has been in two slant loads over the years with step downs, so hopefully it won't take much to get her used to this one.

Also, mine will have a camper door instead of a drop bar. EZ & I looked at a similar trailer at the HHF. The door on that trailer could be opened and closed from the inside, but I didn't like that drop bar on the outside. I could just imagine sleeping in it and someone locking me in!

Great suggestion Hook. I'll keep that in mind.

'Plash; I stole that idea from EZ. After camping with her the last couple of years, I just knew if I got the chance I'd do that, too. Also, I've been camping in that cramped dressing room in the WW for quite some time [Wink].

Homein3turns; I was told it should be delivered in 8 weeks from the time I ordered it, which was April 12th. So I'm thinking around that date in June at the latest.

You hang it there Beth. You're going through some rough times right now, but things will get better. You'll see. Just keep faith in the Almighty. He got us through our rough times just fine. You're time will come.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Congrats, RH! Corn Pro DOES make a good trailer. I had mine for 11 years, and never had a bit of trouble with it. For the money, it was much better made than my American Spirit!

Just having an area where you can put a bed, makes all the difference. You can set it up the way you want it, and leave it that way through camping season.

EZ2SPOT
Every morning I go out to take care of the horses and find myself looking at that old WW horse trailer. I might not be looking at it in another 4 weeks. 4 WEEKS! That still sounds like a long time to wait.

I'm hoping the weather will hold so I can go to Salamonie this Sunday. Been a lot of thunderstorms and rain around here the last two or three weekends. My yard was over a foot long when I mowed it last Monday!

The whole thing is that I still have to haul Terra in the old trailer, and to make matters worse, I'll be camping in it at MTR over the weekend of May 22 & 23. That's the annual Ladies Ride at Blackwell, which is right around the corner from MTR. Sorry to say that MTR has spoiled me when it comes to camping, and this ride is notorious for bad weather. Blackwell is completely primitive with no electric or running water. I just know that I'm going to be finding fault with my old trailer that entire weekend.

The closer the time comes to picking up my new trailer, the harder it is to wait. The longer I use my old trailer, the harder it is to wait. Dang! Will the time ever come when I'll be towing the new one? I'm feeling like a little kid about to go nuts until Santa comes on Christmas Eve! LOL

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
It was the same with me, 3 years ago; I had to camp in my old trailer several times, while waiting for the new one, and it was frustrating! But well worth the wait!

One last camping trip in the old WW, and then things will be much better for you!

EZ2SPOT
Looking forward to new trailer pictures.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson