Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Purchase
quote:
Originally posted by LindaOz

I'm going to have her shod ASAP and keep taking her out. I think she will work out with a little work. I'm also looking into the proper bit for her as I'm never using that Tom Thumb again, and I don't thinks she needs a training bit. She is collected, did barrels, poles and started reining training. She is 8 years old.

Thanks for your good wishes. As always, I really appreciate your comments.

Linda

I think you are off to a good start. Perhaps a bit of groundwork to get acquainted and develop some trust would help. Check out the hints in the groundwork post.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
quote:
Originally posted by Montezrider

She sounds like she will work out with a little time to settle in and adjust. When I first started taking Monte out alone he was nervous and so was I, which he zeroed in on. I used an old cowboy trick I was told about by an old cowboy in fact. I would take along a bag of goodies and when we came to a real spooky place, we would stop and have a "picnic". Pretty soon he couldn't wait to get to the spooky place. Sometimes I would get off and just walk him for a while, then get back on and ride. It all helped to relax me and him both, and it worked too. Hope to hear more success stories about your new girl.[Smile]

Cindy - What a great idea! This mare is an absolute nut apples. Think I'll bring some slices along next time.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Linda
Linda
quote:
Originally posted by Hook
[br
I think you are off to a good start. Perhaps a bit of groundwork to get acquainted and develop some trust would help. Check out the hints in the groundwork post.

I think you are right, Hook. She has not bonded with me yet and vise versa but I'm sure that will dramatically improve the situation. Thanks for your input.

Linda
Linda