Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My white boy
quote:
Originally posted by GringosGirl

We were in Newport of the south jetty. I think it was just called the South Beach State Park. It is one of the designated areas for horses to ride. The Lincoln County Sheriff's Posse was hosting a poker ride.

I've been there...minus a horse. Beautiful area, and it would be FUN taking the horses there I'm sure!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Welcome to DE. I don't know how I missed a new post with PICTURES! Beach riding looks fun, I think the sight of all that water would give Joe a heart attack.

Cool looking boy!

I have a special soft spot for that line. A good friend had a son of Dash for Cash (named "Cash" oddly enough) about 8 years ago. He had been on the track, didn't quite make it and ended up in Kit and Sandy's barn. He was about 17 hands as a 3 yr old, but so gentle, and a smooth ride... then Kit taught him to cut cows - what a sight! He would drop like a rock in the front and worked so quick that Kit was the only one who could stay solid on him. I rode him a bunch, but only a little on cows; he would SURELY have dumped me before long. It felt like I was a rag doll getting flung around on him.

Cash is in Florida now, and as of last report (about a year ago) had won obscene amounts of money as a barrel racer. Still miss that boy. Hope your Gringo is as memorable.
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~