Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one hit with tornados? Dixieme? PICS ADDED

Hope you all are ok in the path of those tornados that ripped through yesterday. My folks hometown of Mena was hit, I know Dixieme lives in that area. They were pretty bad in some areas. God was with my family, they are all ok, no power or phones, only cellphones.
Here are a few photos my brother sent me of the damage done to Mena Arkansas.

[Image: tornado3.jpg]

[Image: tornado4.jpg]

[Image: tornado5.jpg]

This one has a little story behind it. Mena took in some Katrina victims, and unfortunately, they were a very ungrateful group of people. They wanted first class accomodations, and were very insulting to their hosts. I guess that still smarts in this little city.

[Image: tornado6.jpg]

Sorry if you can't read what it says.... Katrina! Arkansas takes care of it's own!

A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

That is so so sad and very scary, my heart goes out to these people in Arkansas anyways.
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Still no word from Dixieme...the news coverage showed so much devastation, and I hope she, her family, and her horses, are okay. Monte, I hope your folks have their power back!

EZ2SPOT
I hope that we just haven't heard anything because she lost her internet. I'll keep praying for those in the areas hit.

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Wow! I'm sure glad your family is okay and my thoughts are with those that suffered damage. Fingers crossed for DixieMe! I hope she checks in soon.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~