Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you remember your first ride?
Thought I would share a few pictures of Hannah's first ride. Flyer was such a good boy. A week later she walked and jogged by her self. Hannah just turned 11 years old.

The pictures tell the story.

[Image: IMG_1923.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1924.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1960.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1979.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1983.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2010.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2013.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2070.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2090-1-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2106.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2152.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2183.jpg]
Cute pictures! I hope Hannah had a great time and will be wanting to get more involved with horses!

No, honestly, I don't remember my first ride!

EZ2SPOT
I think the smiles say it all. Could it be time to see a post entitled "A horse for Hannah"? ;o)
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

The first thing I noticed was the new pink boots! (Every girl has to have a nice pair of boots!) Yes, I do remember my first ride. It was on a sorrel mare named Sugar that belonged to a friend of my sisters. She let me ride around the pasture by myself! I think I begged the rest of the summer to go every day. I don't think I got to go back very often because it seemed I asked a lot. And the rest is history. I sure this day will stay with Hannah for the rest of her life. Good memories! I'm so glad Flyer did well. They seem to know when they have a child on their back. And glad to see he waited to let off the steam! Love the sequence...you captured it well....as always.
I like how the smile gets bigger as the photos go on. I think another one's been hooked.... so to speak...

'plash
quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

I think the smiles say it all. Could it be time to see a post entitled "A horse for Hannah"? ;o)

Hannah is actually almost (or already is) a granddaughter (step granddaughter?). She is the daughter of our daughter's fiancee. That is our daughter leading Flyer and Hannah's Father is helping her on Flyer and keeping watch.

Flyer's temperament does seem to match with Hannah. He needs to be "ridden" with a firm idea of where you want to go but does well when you insist. Hannah was very a patient and firm with a pretty good seat ( although who wouldn't with Mrs Hook giving direction [Wink])

/plash
Time will tell if Hannah is really hooked. If so she will need a Helmet that fits and a saddle as well and..................[Big Grin], She may want to .......SHOW.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
quote:
Originally posted by beccajane

The first thing I noticed was the new pink boots! (Every girl has to have a nice pair of boots!) Yes, I do remember my first ride. It was on a sorrel mare named Sugar that belonged to a friend of my sisters. She let me ride around the pasture by myself! I think I begged the rest of the summer to go every day. I don't think I got to go back very often because it seemed I asked a lot. And the rest is history. I sure this day will stay with Hannah for the rest of her life. Good memories! I'm so glad Flyer did well. They seem to know when they have a child on their back. And glad to see he waited to let off the steam! Love the sequence...you captured it well....as always.

Thanks Beccajane. I thought that a first ride of an almost 11 year old girl should be documented and we could all share in the wonder and enjoyment. She left the boots here[^]

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

I love the picture of her standing outside the barn door, all anticipation, dreamy eyed, maybe just a touch nervous.What a great mix of expressions in her face and body in that shot.
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

What a lovely set of memory photos for Hannah! It brings back memories for me and I know that she will always remember that day! She does looked "hooked", doesn't she?

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
AS Yogi said "its deja vu all over again."

Great pictures Hook. Very pretty SGD you have there. I even got a smile out of Matt when I showed him her pics[Big Grin].

I was sure this is what Yogi meant when I saw the walk along side pic[Wink]
Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

[url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAL83zDwQmy92yrTMg4xpPg"]Morgan's riding log[/url]