Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awe Sum
I know what you mean about the bug eyes when it comes to Appaloosas. Terra's stable name at the breeding farm we bought her from was Little White Eyes. Of course, as dark as she is, those white sclera eyes really pop.

I'm sure you've seen this pic before, but this is the youngest one I have of Dove that's available at the moment. He was five years old in this shot at the 1994 ApHC National Championships. And, no, we didn't place [B)]:

[Image: 100_0451.jpg]

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Spots,

Awe Sum looks...well ...... AWESOME! [Big Grin]

I'm sure you'll both settle down after a few more shows.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~

RH.. yep ive seen that pick of your baby, great pic too i also recall another few i really liked as well i will have to go back and hunt them down.
As for his eyes, its not just the whites, he has big googly eyes lol
he has been called bug eyes fish face ect,
Did you see anything in his breeding that is the same as Dove??

I am also MAKING myself go to a show in a few weeks time, its a two day thing with two seperate shows, we will have to go and camp there so that is going to be an eye opener.
I know he isnt a halter horse like they have but it gives my some practice going to them and i am even going to give the showmanship at halter a go, in the beginner class lol so everyone give me your tips as i will need them
A very nice looking yearling.It looks like you have nothing to be nervous about.Relax and enjoy learning together.Best of luck,ride safe
Sorry Spots, I didn't recognize any names. Dove is by GF Rebel Diver and is out of DM's Firebird. The Diver line traces back to a lot of TB racing blood, and the dam's side to foundation QH... King & Leo breeding to be precise.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
spots, you both look wonderful !! and you did a great job on his mane.
congrats for getting overy your nervousness and doing it. He's very handsome!

Just so you know, my father made me do halter and showmanship, he thought it would be good for me to round out my horse showing, and you know, after the first year of showing, i actually loved halter and showmanship! Showmanship is definatly my favorite class actually.

Good luck on your next show, i'm sure you'll do great.
we'll be waiting for pics and updates.