Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
arizona trip
Hello from Arkansas!
Quick note:
I wasn't able to get onto the web last nite for some reason, so couldn't "chat."
Our first day was a bear...left in freezing cold and snow on top of the remaining ice. Took forever to get out of KY.
So, 11 hrs later, we're at the first stop: Hazen, AR. Wonderful stalls at a clean, organized horse motel.

I'll try to post and keep you up with the trip.

Sorry, for those who don't "chat," we're going to AZ & NM to ride.

Tagnrocky, see ya in about a week!

Stay warm.
We wondered about you! It looked like you guys were getting some snow Tuesday morning and I figured the roads would be terrible. I'm glad you made it to Arkansas!

I hope you can make it to chat.

Drive safe!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
what time are you guys chattin? Is it nightly or just certain days?
Wendi
[url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pnfoRs6vqud-JpZvz-_9EQw"]Wendi's Riding Log[/url]

Can't chat this week, but I look forward to hearing about the trip; my dad spends winters in NM and I've often thought about going to ride down there. Are you taking your horses or what?

'plash
Wendi,

There are chatters almost every evening. Sometimes several and sometimes just a couple. I try to get there about 7:30.... maybe later and sometimes there are others & sometimes not!

Just pop in and hang out for awhile. You do have to "chat" occasionally or you're booted out for inactivity. I type to myself. LOL!!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
dunhorsechic,
Have a great time there! We will try and warm Indiana up for your return trip home! Nasty weather here when you left. It's suppose to get to 57 degrees here Sunday so hopefully the snow/ice will be gone. Be careful, it sounds like a wonderful place to visit.
Hope you have a great time! Thank goodness you made it out of here with no problems! The weather sure was nasty yesterday morning up here.

EZ2SPOT
Hi from New Mexico!!
We just crossed the border into NM and stopped at the visitor center to water the horses.
I truly hate to tell you this, but it's 70 degrees and sunny.

We ate lunch at a wonderful natural food place in amarillo, tx. Paul had met the owners at a Boy Scout conference a couple of years ago. Soooo, there we went, horse trailer and all, into the shopping center where the restaurant/store are located. They invited us to come back in Sept when they're doing a short pack trip and Leave No Trace teaching trip.

Wish we had time to explore Amarillo; it looks very "western" and fun. (Plus it's Kip's hometown!)

Our truck and trailer really stand out around here, because they're covered with a ton of snow debris and salt residue. Awful!!

Probably can't chat from the cabin tonite, so hello to all and I'll get back as soon as I can.

Stay warm!
If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.
I hope you guys are having a good time in NM! You did NOT have to mention the temp, ya know. [Wink]

Have a safe drive to AZ! I know you'll have a blast once you're there. Have the AZ authorities been notified that you & Thelma & Louise will be there. TOGETHER. At the same time? LOL!

Keep us updated when you can.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Glad to hear you made it! Where exactly in NM are you? I told Debi you were somewhere in her neck of the woods. Get some great rides in and I'll see ya soon.
Paint, its Lucy & Ethyl! Thelma & Louise are much more calculating than us. We just do stupid stuff! [Wink][Tongue]
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......