Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow. Updated every once in awhile.
I'll hopefully get some pictures up soon! I got about a foot or more today, making a total of 32 inches for the season since Oct.

Everything is a snowy muddy mess.

What about everyone else?

EEEEKK! Don't type that 4 letter word! LOL!

None here in southern Indiana yet although I did notice a few white pellets of some sort on a feed tub this morning. If we're going to have that white stuff, I want enough to make it worthwhile. Don't waste it on itty bitty accumalations.

The weather guy has been hinting that that S word might be in the forecast during the first week of Dec. I don't know how they could tell that since they still have a hard time forecasting tomorrow's weather though.

Keep that stuff there with you for now!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
December PG? Try like right now at this very minute. We have a dusting of the stuff covering the grass, and it just started. Looks like it might be fun going to work tomorrow [B)].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
I saw a few snowflakes fall here today, but nothing that actually covered the ground.

The first week of November was so nice here, and now it seems like winter weather is here to stay! I was hoping we'd have a few decent riding weekends.

EZ2SPOT
Nothin 45 min's further north of you RH. Got all my leaves up today[Big Grin]!! I so hate winter!!
Wendi
[url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pnfoRs6vqud-JpZvz-_9EQw"]Wendi's Riding Log[/url]

Holy smokes HCG. That's a lot of snow. Looking forward to your pictures.

We received enough last night to just cover the ground with snow squall warnings today with up to 10 inches in some places. Usually to the lee and southwest of Lake Huron / Georgian bay but may just get to us if the wind shifts to come from the North.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
PG, I know many people who are with you on that particular word useage, but it's a little late over here not to use that.[Smile]

EZ, I think riding in the snow is better than the rain and the mud! In fact, I went riding yesterday for an hour or two during the heavy snowfall part of the day. I was almost like a blizzard because of the wind, but it was nice in it's own kind of way. Jessie on the other hand thought it wasn't as nice, with the wind in her face blowing all that snow at her, she kept on ducking her head with a crabby face, and she thought it wasn't fun at all when she had to move the snow with her muzzle, and paw at it to get to the grass underneath.

Over a foot overnight making it a total for the season of 46-48 inches. Plus I'm still in a warning, so another 5-10 inches are expected, but that can change at anytime.

Hook, I did get some pictures before the battery went dead. I do have to get my own camera since my old one finally bit the dust, but I've yet to find a camera with enough MP, zoom, and lense attachments to my liking.

So as for pictures, I have some old ones of the first couple of snows, then last night's and today's snows!

Here are the older ones with an extra picture.
[Image: LLLLL.jpg]
[Image: L-1.jpg]
[Image: LLL-1.jpg]
[Image: LL-1.jpg]
[Image: LLLL-1.jpg]
[Image: LLLLLL.jpg]
Here are some of the recent snow pictures.
[Image: LLLLLLLLL.jpg]
[Image: LLLLLLLLLL.jpg]
[Image: LLLLLLLL.jpg]
[Image: LLLLLLL.jpg]

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

I am gonna go wash my carhart over-all and get ready! Right now we have little teany tiny snow balls. The ground is still to warm to worry, but folks snow is coming eventually! [Sad]

Your snow looks like what we had last march or april, about 2 feet!

[Image: DSC_0071.jpg]
OK...I'm done with cold weather.... I'm ready for spring!
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

I'm keeping my head in the sand....warm toe-tickling sand, with a cold drink chillin in my right hand.

Isn't SAND a much better 4 letter word than S_ _ _ (the white fluffy stuff)?

HCG, Your pics are gorgeous! I'd much rather admire the S_ _ _ through your photography than out my windows. LOL!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~