Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking Ride Time
I was just throwing out the award... thought Chuck would just offer everyone free saddles. LOL! I thought it might be fun just to see how many hours DE members ride in a year.

The honor system is the only way to record times. IF we do it, we'd need to decide if we track by horse or by rider.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
This sounds like fun! I vote tracking by rider, reason being I have several horses I ride/will ride. Would all time in the saddle count? I ride an hour every 2 weeks in an arena taking a lesson and will soon be riding my two mustangs in the round pen. I also ride the harvested fields around my home in the evenings.

After a summer off (stupid broken knee...), I have lots of time to make up Smile
LOL! We're making this up as we go. I say anytime one is in the saddle, it counts but it's whatever ya'll want to do.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
The cumulative could be over-all time in the saddle, but it might fun for folks riding more than one horse to keep track of their time on each horse.

In looking back on my TWHBEA logs, I was amazed at how much time Duke logged in and how little time the other horses logged in.

No wonder the other two act like they need more wet blankets - it's because they do[Tongue]
The biggest advantage to ANY type of saddle log is that it lets you see how much (or how little) you are actually riding. ANY time in the saddle counts...whether you are riding in an arena or trail riding. Just get on, make a mental note of the time, take your ride, get off, check your watch again, & write down your time. 'Plash, I've found it works better to keep a calendar handy...like in the barn...and write down your time in the space for that date. Then, every now & then, take your calendar in and transfer the info to your official log.

Yes, with the breed saddle log programs, everything is on the honor system, and I suppose there are a few people who cheat, but I believe most are honest about it.

ULP!! I just looked at my log and realized it has been a month since I rode Butterbaby! Sure wish I had more time. Or somebody to share these horses with!

EZ2SPOT
I could not give saddles to everyone, but maybe the to 50 participants.

I could likely come up with a very simple way of entering times and displaying totals and such online.
Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

https://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Sign me up as the 1st participant. [Big Grin] LOL!!

It would be great if everyone could enter their own hours but if that's not possible & if needed I'll volunteer to post a monthly update.....from horseback. [Wink]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Oh I'm in tooo!!!!! Start date Jan 1 2009 Anybody up for a new year's eve champagne(12:01) day ride?????
Wendi
[url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pnfoRs6vqud-JpZvz-_9EQw"]Wendi's Riding Log[/url]

I'm in!!! If the champagne freezes on New Years it's cold for me!!!
Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Any time in the saddle counts??? I'm gonna sit in mine while I watch Desparate Housewives......got my eye on a Haflinger saddle....Chuck????[Big Grin][Big Grin]