Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking Ride Time
shhhh...I'm tryin to work Chuck for that saddle we were promised on the first DE ride! [Big Grin]

This is just for fun and hopefully a bit of inspiration for DE members. I like the log Nancy posted too. Would each month be on a separate sheet or just keep the one going till it fills up and then what happens to the logs?

I already try to keep a journal of my rides.. where, how long, who rode with me, critter sitings, weather, etc. and even print out posts & pics and stash in the journal (which is a spiral notebook). I figure when I'm in my rockin chair in the "home", I'll have something to read. [Wink]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by fracturedbones

I think there should be some compensatory minutes added to time for unscheduled dismounts! Might be the only way to keep me in the running....[Tongue]

I agree, I think that you should be able to include all ER minutes in your total. In that case, my 45 minute ride on Sunday is now a full 5 hours!
Sugarfoote - 14yo spotted saddle horse, glide ride...
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

I already try to keep a journal of my rides.. where, how long, who rode with me, critter sitings, weather, etc. and even print out posts & pics and stash in the journal (which is a spiral notebook). I figure when I'm in my rockin chair in the "home", I'll have something to read. [Wink]

I keep a LiveJournal of my sessions with my horse. Not the time, but the weather, ground conditions, and things that we did together.[Smile]

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

[quote]Originally posted by walkinthewalk

tagnrocky, you have a Red Hat group that rides?!?!?[dude]

Yep, our chapter is the first horsey one in the nation. There were several more formed this year, so there may be one in your area (or you can start your own!). Their emphasis is on parading, but we also have camping trips, group rides and despooking clinics to get your horse parade ready. I don't parade but have met lots of nice ladies my age to ride & talk horses with!
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
I hadn't thought about horseless members like Appygirl and Colleen. Thank you to whoever pointed that out, and I agree it would be totally unfair. So strike it out of my original proposal that I thought nobody was interested in in the first place [:o)].

Would it really be too much trouble to have patches and chevrons? I know this should be just to motivate DE members to ride, but it would be nice if we had a little of something to show for it [Smile]. Just thinkin' out loud here, folks [Wink].

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
quote:
Originally posted by tagnrocky

[quote
Their emphasis is on parading,

Thanks! I am going to check out the TN chapters. Duke, the horse in my avatar, is a Primo parade horse - it is what he loves best. He watches the float in front of him and will stop/start himself. I just sit there - lol Plus he loves to "window shop" (look at himself) and thinks all the clapping is for him and him alone[Tongue]
quote:
Originally posted by walkinthewalk

quote:
Originally posted by tagnrocky

[quote
Their emphasis is on parading,

Thanks! I am going to check out the TN chapters. Duke, the horse in my avatar, is a Primo parade horse - it is what he loves best. He watches the float in front of him and will stop/start himself. I just sit there - lol Plus he loves to "window shop" (look at himself) and thinks all the clapping is for him and him alone[Tongue]

Hahaha! WITW, I love your Duke!! What a smart boy with the floats....and I can just picture him "puffing up" with pride at the applause! [Big Grin]

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
quote:
Originally posted by Red Hawk

I hadn't thought about horseless members like Appygirl and Colleen. Thank you to whoever pointed that out, and I agree it would be totally unfair. So strike it out of my original proposal that I thought nobody was interested in in the first place [:o)].

Indeed, What do horseless people do?!

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

quote:
Originally posted by Horsecrazygirl

Indeed, What do horseless people do?!

Record their time when they get a chance to ride. [confused2 Some horseless people ride more than those with horses. [Wink]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I'm Game, I want in! Getting ready for my first endurance ride is getting me lots of time in the saddle! Now if I can find a way to ease all the aches and pains in my tired old body, this much time in the saddle is really taking a tole on my body!!
BethAnn
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader