Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking Ride Time
quote:
Originally posted by Horsecrazygirl

quote:
Originally posted by killybean907

Just curious how everyone is doing with tracking their ride time. Not something I would normally do, but I'm going to "toot" my own horn here and announce that I've hit 366 hours since January 14th of this year. Considering I had a bit of a bucking problem with my horse last year, I'm pretty darn proud of how far I've gotten with him.
Whew, just goes to show that if you work hard at something....
(and yes, my husband knows where to find me after work...[Wink] )

WOW Killybean! That's amazing! CONGRATS![Smile] I don't think I could find that much time! I've only made it to 160 hours. Of course it has been one of the wettest years making it too dangerous (slippery with all the mud) to even consider going out to ride.

I guess I have some catching up to do![Wink]

Thanks...but I must add that we had a GREAT year for riding (w/out your mud!!!) Usually we just have to "cowboy up" and head out in the rain, or snow, or cold, or darkness...but I've been extra determined to work him and start him back from scratch to fill the holes in his training, and we've had good weather. Hard work has paid off and my boy is now know as the "steady eddie" of the barn to accompany the green horses out on the trails. [Big Grin][Big Grin]

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
It's about 11:26PM here Dec 31st 2009, and I've clocked in 180 hours for the year.[Smile]

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

I've found that my Riding Log chart has become a riding journal of sorts...it's fun to look back at some of the notes that I written down about the rides. Even when not tracking actual ride time, I will keep up the "journal" portion.

Does anyone else click on the others Riding Log charts and read them? Pretty interesting to do so....even the different temps for different areas is fun to note!

Officially as of December 31st, 2009...I clocked in at 435.5 hours. I'm hoping to accomplish many more of my goals for 2010, including more work with cows.
Here's to a happy and healthy 2010 to all of you and our 4-legged buddies, with extra thoughts going towards Annie, Marley and any others needing some special care right now!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
quote:
Originally posted by killybean907

Officially as of December 31st, 2009...I clocked in at 435.5 hours.

[:O]Wow! Congrats! I could only wish to be able to ride that many hours.[:O] I do wish I could have made it to 200, but I blame that on the work and the weather.[Big Grin][Big Grin]

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

I have only a bit over 28 hours recorded. Hookie was of & on with a sore front foot and I missed recording some in mid summer but I did ride on 12/31 and New Years day.

I am going to track again in 2010.

I think Killy was the record holder this year but not all have reported yet.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
I am pretty sure Killy holds the record!!

Darn, I'm almost embarassed to state my hours! In fact, I was shocked to see how little I'd actually ridden this year. 95 1/2 hours, total. 56 hours on Warsong, only 8 hours on Butterbaby, and 31 1/2 hours on Butterbrickle. It is no wonder that Butterbrickle is barely past green-broke, even though she is 7 this year.

EZ2SPOT
I rode 161 hours & 55 minutes last year. I rode in temps from 19 to 89F. Killy, you put me to shame with our your hours, riding in Alaska for goodness sake!
I'll use you as a motivator for 2010. (What would Killy do?)
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
I logged 143.25 hours in 2009. Could have been much better! My excuses are: broken leg, horse in hospital, and too dang lazy. Hopefully I can improve on this some in 2010. I have started a new sheet for this year. Is everyone else going to continue it? I think it was a great idea. First time I really ever had any idea how much time I had spent in the saddle. Kind of embarrassing, but it does give you an idea, and something to work for. Way to go Killy! Amazing job. I bet some professionals don't even beat you.
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

I was forgetful and stopped logging my time [Sad]

If we are going to do it again this year, I will TRY to be better - my excuse, I am old(er) and my memory just ain't what it used to be [Tongue]
You guys all did great. I record my time on the Arabian Horse Assc program. I only got in 51.8 hours of riding time. I did ride all year long too. Last time was 12/31. I sure hope to improve my time in 2010 but I refuse to subject myself to riding in temps below 20. LOL. Great job to you guys though.
Glistening 10 yr Arab/Saddlebred
Scout 25-28 yr Paint/Draft