Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Dear look what i got
What is his barn name? He has a great expression and from appearances a kind eye that won't lead you to trouble. Congrats on finding a new partner. His pedigree on line ready well and its nice to see you don't have to worry about HYPP.

Laurie
Andalusians NW,
Ridgefield, WA
Green+Green=black & blue(treasure the knowledge of an experienced horse)

His barn name was Skip BUT i dont like that as i new a terrible horse called that sooooooo i am thinking i might call him Snitch, kinda sounds similar and i think it goes well with Ima Tell Tale lol
I think he's a very nice looking boy and sounds like he might be bomb proof too! Great trail horse and partner...enjoy! [Big Grin]

Drugs?...jeez, does that happen a lot when people are selling? I guess I never would've thought of that...I know I've heard lots of stretching the truth and outright lies...but they should be horse-whipped for drugging the poor animals!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
quote:
Originally posted by killybean907

I think he's a very nice looking boy and sounds like he might be bomb proof too! Great trail horse and partner...enjoy! [Big Grin]

Drugs?...jeez, does that happen a lot when people are selling? I guess I never would've thought of that...I know I've heard lots of stretching the truth and outright lies...but they should be horse-whipped for drugging the poor animals!

If someone wants to make a quick sale and doesn't have a reputation for selling horses, yes, it's probably a lot more common than we know. I've heard more than one story about someone buying a very gentle laid-back horse, brought him home, and then find out they have a tiger -by-the-tail the very next day. It just depends on how badly the seller wants to get rid of such a horse. That's one reason why it's safer to buy from a reputable breeder. They make their living off of breeding and selling horses. One bad sale, and their business would be ruined.

Drugs can also be used for masking other things such as permanent injuries. It's nothing to give a lame horse a pain blocking drug, have him go sound for a prospective buyer, and the buyer finds out days after the sale is final.

There are a lot of untrustworthy people out there after a quick buck. This is why it's so vital to have a pre-purchase exam done before you buy... even if the seller is honest. There may be something wrong with the horse that they might not know about or cause problems down the line for the buyer. I had this happen with a horse I looked at to buy once. The horse would never have been suitable for what I wanted him for, and I would never have known it if it wasn't for the vet who did the pre-purchase exam for me. You can never be too cautious when it come to things like this.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Snitch....Love the name.. goes perfect!
I also love the name! Its way cute! And I like the look of him. He looks a bit underworked and maybe chilled out but I bet the twinkle we don't see in the pics is there or will return once he is having fun with you. Love the blaze!
BLACKIE: National Show Horse
BIG RED: sorrel quarterhorse
JAKE: sorrel/chestnut quarterhorse
He is a nice looking horse,well bred,and the main thing is you like him.Best of luck and ride safe

ROFL i just hope that will be a Twinkle and not a huge Spark that will be in his eyes.
He is very very underworked as the owner is pregnant and hasnt been riding him plus he is just on pasture so i think he should put on some weight real soon lol .
He is going to look skinny beside Sam and Dancer lol
quote:
Originally posted by spots

ROFL i just hope that will be a Twinkle and not a huge Spark that will be in his eyes.
He is very very under worked as the owner is pregnant and hasn't been riding him plus he is just on pasture so i think he should put on some weight real soon lol .
He is going to look skinny beside Sam and Dancer lol

err......., would that be the previous owner or his current owner[Wink]

He looks in good shape in the photos. When do you get him home?

I am not sure that I would like being called a "Snitch" if I were a horse, sounds like I was untrustworthy. Skip is a pretty respectable name, so how about changing it to Skippy or Skippie, Sounds more like a friendly name.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Congratulations Spots!
He looks like a nice guy. There really good horses out there for sale that aren't being drugged. It looks like you got yourself a nice one.
So his registered name is Ima Tell Tale and Snitch will be his barn name? I kinda like it. But I also like Skip.
I had read a superstition that said it was bad luck to change a horses name, when we bought Rocky he was called Rocket Man aka Rocky and we TRIED to change his name. Nothing seemed to fit him outside of Rocky. So we kept Rocky as his barn name and changed Rocket Man to Rock Paper Scissors.[Big Grin]