Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Dear look what i got
[Big Grin]Please dont growl at me you guys but i bought a horse
He was well behaved when being ridden and he hasnt been ridden for quite a while, it was a terrible windy rainy day and he didnt care, there was rugs flapping on the rail, he had to keep going past his food and then a balloon blew along the ground in the arena and he didnt care He is way way out of shape as he hasnt been ridden for a while and he needs some weight and muscle happening. He isnt the prettiest but i think he has potential and he is a loving guy, so thats it NO MORE HORSES http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=2231292F&2=2420&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5D5D5C5B5A59582E2D&9=5D5A5F58
[Image: Snitch5.jpg]
[Image: snitch3.jpg]
[Image: snitch4.jpg]

Congratulations. Another good looking guy. His sires breeding is a lot like Hookie's ( Impressive and Gold Seeker bars) with a dash of Skipper W.

NICE.[^]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Oh, I like the look in his eye. You must have felt that this is the one. He sounds like a keeper.
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Spots; Are you sure he wasn't drugged to make the sale? Just concerned about you is all and hope he's turns out to be what you want.

Not a bad looker, though [Wink].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Hook is he really?? that make me feel better
Montez he did have a kind eye so fingers crossed
Redhawk i dont think he was drugged he was still responsive ect and the family that had him were really nice, their 6yo old daughter was full of all sorts of info she allmost talked our ear off about how they play football with him, she ran up and gave him a cuddle when we went to catch him.
They didnt really want to sell him but the daughter is having another baby and she has a 6yo and a 13 month old and she doesnt know when she will ride him again.

He sure is handsome! Congrats! Is that you riding him? He looks well cared for and relaxed. Ignorant about blood lines.

I had to admit, same suspicion as Red Hawk from your description ..... due to past personal experience. Hey, if they aced him...at least you know the drugs work good![:o)] Kidding, kidding......

What is your big plan for him? Trail? Show?

Trust me after dealing with the last man i was suspicious of everyone but when that very chatty child ran up and hugged him i thought well he cant be to crazy lol. He hasnt been professionally trained at all she has done all the work with him he is her first QH, i would at some stage like him to have some training but at the moment he is ok
Same thing just go to the small shows and trai ride, me being a nervous person its all about the temperment. The owners mum rode him for us and she was well into her 70s and she did well on him ( she wasnt an experienced lady either)
haha No that isnt me in the pic

Did you ride him before purchase too? I hope......
Return / trial clause? Just always good to have.... they can get goofy when moved from their homes.

All this advice from someone who has bought a horse from a video, never rode 2 of the horses I have bought......it can turn out OK, just nice to have the odds in your favor.
yes i rode him, and being me i was nervous, going around the rail i panicked as the mare had her head over and i thought he might fight to stay near her and also worried she may bite us but he just went past and didnt look at her phew.
then as i was going round the nan went off somewhere and left the gate open so me being me thought oh no he is gunna fight me to get out thru the gate but again he didnt ( this probably sounds boring basic stuff but i thought it was good lol)
He was actually not at his normal house he was at the ladies mothers house as they have an arena ect so he was in a different (been there before tho) place.
Apparently the OH said while i was riding that he will buy him as i looked like i was enjoying myself on him lol and when we left he was like so when are you getting him,

Well, I think he sounds just lovely. If he continues to be so calm he will sure help you build your confidence up. Once you get a good bond going with him there'll be no stopping you![Smile] He is a good age too, and you will have lots of years to spend with him.
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC