Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what type of saddle is this ???
My horse is a Spotted Saddle Horse.I got him free but found out there is no such thing as a free horse.His name is Max ,he is 1,300 lbs 16-2 hands high and he eats like a horse.This is the 1st horse I ever owned.I had him 2 yrs now.He seems to teach me more then I teach him.I'm afraid he has been spoiled by me already.He thinks he's just a pet and not a horse.I take him out on the weekends behind my house in the 100 acre overgrown sod farm.He is faster at getting home then going.Lol.He is 10 yrs old.He is a gaited horse.I've tried a Tom Thumb bit on him but he likes the Dr Cook western headstall best.I change every once in awhile.I'm 56 yrs old ,married for 36 yrs almost and my wife doesn't ride anymore,went on a trail ride with her yrs ago and her back ached for 3 months so she turned me on to riding and then that was it.I ride alone .I have a old kingston horse trailer 1977 but it needs paint on the inside and the wife has to many projects for me to do lately.I live on Long Island New York.
quote:
Originally posted by com12man

My horse is a Spotted Saddle Horse.I got him free but found out there is no such thing as a free horse.His name is Max ,he is 1,300 lbs 16-2 hands high and he eats like a horse.This is the 1st horse I ever owned.I had him 2 yrs now.He seems to teach me more then I teach him.I'm afraid he has been spoiled by me already.He thinks he's just a pet and not a horse.I take him out on the weekends behind my house in the 100 acre overgrown sod farm.He is faster at getting home then going.Lol.He is 10 yrs old.He is a gaited horse.I've tried a Tom Thumb bit on him but he likes the Dr Cook western headstall best.I change every once in awhile.I'm 56 yrs old ,married for 36 yrs almost and my wife doesn't ride anymore,went on a trail ride with her yrs ago and her back ached for 3 months so she turned me on to riding and then that was it.I ride alone .I have a old kingston horse trailer 1977 but it needs paint on the inside and the wife has to many projects for me to do lately.I live on Long Island New York.

Thanks for the information about your horse adventures. Max sounds like a great horse and I would love to see a picture.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson