Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what type of saddle is this ???
Hi..I'm purchasing this tex tan 15" but don't know what type of saddle this is ??? is it a barryl or roper or show ..reason I'm asking is it has the single skirt.

oops here is the picture

Sorry, I don't know what kind it is... just had to say it's pretty!
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Looking at the size of the horn, I don't think it's a roping saddle. My guess would be barrel due to the deep seat, but not sure.
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

To me, the pommel isn't wide enough and the seat isnt' deep enough I don't think to be a barrel saddle. Most barrel saddles I've seen or owned have wider pommels to lock the knees in and a higher cantel to hold the butt in place. But I definitely could be wrong. Hmyer is right...that's way to small and thin of a horn to be roper. Looks to me like just your basic western pleasure saddle..
Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
quote:
Originally posted by joan

Hi..I'm purchasing this tex tan 15" but don't know what type of saddle this is ??? is it a barryl or roper or show ..reason I'm asking is it has the single skirt.

oops here is the picture
[Image: textan600.jpg]

Except for the silver lacing this looks like the Virginian trail saddle shown here on the saddleshop.

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/tex-tan-v...addle.html
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
thank you all for your input ....I also thought it looked like the Virginian trail but the horn and single skirt made me wonder...I've contacted TexTan and there not lots of help...I've even sent them a picture and with no reply
Wow! What a gorgeous saddle!!!
Linda
i would say it an all-around saddle!
Most Tex Tan saddles have numbers and letters on the inside above the stirrups. Give these to Tex Tan and maybe then they can help.They helped me with my flex tree saddle that I bought used.
Hi com12man, welcome to the Forum. Thanks for the hint on the Saddle ID.

Hope to see more of you here on the Forum. Tell us a bit about you and your horses.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson