Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unwanted Horse or a Runaway? Uh Oh I did it AGAIN!
While I was outside working today, I was interrupted by my neighbor gesturing wildly toward my pasture.

She shouted there is a miniature horse in the road and he is by your horses, can we catch him?

So we did:

[Image: DSC_0174.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0173.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0176.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0175.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0171.jpg]

Rumor from The Country Store (local hangout) has it that this little guy has been running loose for possibly a few weeks. He was spotted miles away from my farm last week.

I am keeping him in the small pasture behind the garage away from Joe and Rocky in case he has something contagious. He has very long feet and I can not tell if it is due to lack of care or a past case of founder.

In any case, my hubby has a surprose when he gets home[:O]!

Freedom comes to an end for this dasterdly little darling. I wonder if he feels like he was at the wrong place at the wrong time to get him put behind bars, err, fencing? Now the fun is going to be finding who he belongs/belonged to.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

What a cute little guy! It will be interesting to see if he does have an owner. Shouldn't be hard to find him a home, if it turns out he has been abandoned.

EZ2SPOT
OH he IS such a cutie Pie!! Please keep us updated on how the home finding goes!!
Later Bye Bye
Love & Respect your horse & they will do the same for you!

what a sweety is he friendly ?? if you dont find the owners will you keep him?? some people have a real hard time keeping the little ones in so they give up in the end maybe thats what happened with him im glad that you and your neighbour got him i dont understand why noone else caught him if he was running around for weeks i guess some people turn a blind eye and think someone else will do it thankfully you did he could have been really hurt
He's a darling ... looks like a spunky little guy. He's got a thick coat yet ... looks healthy. Somehow he was lead to the right place ... let us know how things turn out for him.

Beth
Beth
How did hubby react to the surprise when he got home?
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

How did hubby react to the surprise when he got home?

I was glad that hubby didn't get all bent out of shape. He was late getting home because he had stopped to get new shoes. When he got out of the car he stopped and said "Do you notice anything new?" He meant the shoes of course, but I replied, "Well there is ALOT new here today!"
[Big Grin]

Luckily the neighbor who roped me into this escapade called around and found the owner.

The owner called me last night and she is/was supposed to be here today after her Dr's appt to help me put a halter on this little guy.

Here is his story. His name is Lightning and she bought him as a package with another little pony named Jake, who is brown and white.
She has owned them both for about 7 years and had purchased them for her kids who are now adults.

Lightning has been ridden and as she claims the kids jumped on him with just bailing twine and if one of them fell off, Lightning would stand patiently by them.

He has been loose for over 2 weeks and someone had already captured him and he was hanging out with their horses. By the time (she claims) she found someone with a trailer to go get him, he was gone.

She also stated that since he has gotten out he has been 'acting wild' and that made me think that:
a) he has been out longer than 2 weeks and/or
b) he is an escape artist.

She doesn't know what made him run away unless some dogs got after him or something.[confused2

So she said she would be here at my house after her dr appt (12:30 - 1) and that she would call first. It is 5 minutes til 3 and no word.

She stated that she sould like to find good homes for them both since she is in poor health and her husband is a truck driver gone all week. I may have a nibble n a good home, but darn it I can't do anything if I can't catch the little bugger.

Appygirl needs a horse, maybe she would take him. [Big Grin] She would not have to far to fall.
Nice pictures. You could probably pick him up real cheap and he could be Company for the one left when you go riding ( OOOOPPPS)[Big Grin]

Wonder if Lightning is still whole and just looking for some excitement. Our neighbour has a miniature Black Stallion that goes wandering if the electric fence is left. The miniature donkey is whole as well and has visited our guys too.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson