Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know its early, but..........2008 DE Trail Ride?
Has anyone tossed up any ideas for the 2008 DE Trailride? I really like Midwest, it kinda has an all-in-one package!!
I am planning on going with you this year!! We just purchased a new truck two weeks ago. Now for a newer trailer! I've been driving a 17 yr old half ton truck with a 1974 bumper pull trailer and just didn't feel safe hauling very far. Now we bought a 3/4 ton crew cab 4 wheel drive. Now I can get a 3 horse trailer so my children and I can ride more! Are children invited to your ride?
tchighhope
We've never had real kids on the ride but as far as I'm concerned the more the merrier! MidWest is FINE with me but I know it's a major haul for several members but then anywhere but MTR would be a major haul for other members. [confused2
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I dont see why not (children). As for MTR it is a haul, but it has everything.....stalls, showers, tack shop, cabins, mess hall, nice trails, etc. Maybe if we plan early this year more people will be able to mark it on their calendars and not let anything else override it. Hook(s) I hope you get to make it again this year!!

Maybe with planning ahead we can all get t-shirts this time!!

I personally am planning on a less hectic time!!!
Gypsy my mare
<><
Cowgirl UP!
Ride 2 live, live 2 ride

"And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Act 2:21 NLT

I'd like to have another DE ride, too, but not on the same weekend as the last one; I think it being Father's Day weekend kept some people from attending. Maybe having it a bit later in the month would work better.

EZ2SPOT
I say not on a holiday weekend or a scheduled ride weekend either!
Gypsy my mare
<><
Cowgirl UP!
Ride 2 live, live 2 ride

Count me in!!Midwest is the greatest,I kinda liked the crazies with the endurance ride as I got to teach Gotone how to deal with alot but also would like a less caotic time!Is the mess hall always open when there is no scheduled rides?Gotta have breakfeast!!(lol)!
BethAnn
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
The mess hall is open on weekends, but if there is no organized ride, nor a lot of people there, then there is only a limited menu (no buffet). Still, we wouldn't starve!!

How about June 21-22? That weekend is open. So is the 28-29th.

EZ2SPOT
Would love to see more about this just so we can get it scheduled!They are already wanting next years schedule for work and we got to also schedule for our re-enactments!Either of the week-ends in June mentioned would work for me!I'm ready let's ride!!!
BethAnn
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
I was gonna check on prices for shirts.....do you guys prefer the wording to be on back, on front, or your name small in the front like on the side and all the info on the back. Ex: 2008 DE Trailriders Campout?
Gypsy my mare
<><
Cowgirl UP!
Ride 2 live, live 2 ride