Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions
I'm currently riding a Paint gelding (here in NL) who's name is Bar Skip's Ripplin Red. He's supposed to be age 10, stands approx 15.2 and is pretty much a solid paint. Has roaning over body and a bald face with stockings over his hock/knee joints. His mane is rather thin and fine. He is an absolute doll--kind and willing. I believe he came from the atlantic provinces earlier this year-springtime. I am not sure that current owners have his papers. I will ask.
Does anyone know where I could possibly find out information on this horse, his lineage aad whatnot. Thanks for any info.
If he is reg. APHA that would be the place to start. His name doesn't come up on a google search. Have you talked to the past owner?
I spoke to one of the current owners who informed me that the horse is not actually registered--his papers were never sent in by the original owner! And to do so now would cost a fortune. Drat!
Cayuse
A lovely horse is always an experience...It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. Beryl Markham
Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never quite the same, and you never know it all. Monica Dickens
Cayuse;

You can still find out about his lineage if you know who his dam and sire are. Don't worry about him not being registered; the best horses I have owned have been "grade" or non-registered horses. A pure-bred horse is still a pure-bred horse, regardless if the owner never registered him with the breed association.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Are you sure he is a paint? There is no Bar Skip rippling Red registered with AQHA but there hundreds of Bar Skip horses and one
Rippling Red (0450566 1965 bay gelding)
<'\__~
_(( // ====

As I've been told by the current owner , he is a Paint but his previous owners didn't sent in his papers so he isn't registered at all. The Current owners have the unfiled papers from the previous owner and will check them out for the listed sire and dam for me so I can run a search.
I'm not unduly bothered by his being unregistered. I'm just one of these people who, when they fall in love with a horse, want to find out every thing they can about the horse.
Cayuse
A lovely horse is always an experience...It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. Beryl Markham
Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never quite the same, and you never know it all. Monica Dickens
We can probably help with the Quarter horse side of his ancestors.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Doesn't APHA have cheaper fees if the horse is solid? I don't know I haven't done much with APHA.
He sounds like a lovely horse!

I think all you'd need would to go to the APHA and check out the lineage by the Sire and Dam's names.

Good Luck!

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

Finally got the names for this fellows parentage.

dam Beau Bar Misty--QH
sire Nimbleflitsredneck -Paint

So does anyone know nothing anything about these lineages?
Cayuse