Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
search engine
OK I know some of you are getting the search function to work on this forum but I have never been able to use it. It always times out and frequently will lock up my computer so I have to shut everything down and start over.

So what's up? I use mozilla but I've tried it with Internet explorer too. My computer uses windows xp...its plenty fast enough.... I'm stumped and I'd love to have the search function!

quote:
Originally posted by sbower

OK I know some of you are getting the search function to work on this forum but I have never been able to use it. It always times out and frequently will lock up my computer so I have to shut everything down and start over.

So what's up? I use mozilla but I've tried it with Internet explorer too. My computer uses windows xp...its plenty fast enough.... I'm stumped and I'd love to have the search function!

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the secret is limiting the time on the search. Open ended searchs seem to time out.

Try a few with more defined shorter limits and see how it works.

This

Search For: search
Search for all Words
Search Forum: All Forums
Search In: Subject Only
Search By Date: In the Last Year
Search By Member: All Members

Gives this

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,22 All Forums
Search Form
Search Results for: search
Topic Author Replies Read Last Post
General Discussions / Saddle Shop Corral
Dry turkey? NOT! New research! OnTheWay 18 440 11/27/2007 13:09:00
by: OnTheWay
General Discussions / Trails
My mule search may be over!!!!! tuffy2712 25 651 06/30/2007 07:54:28
by: Hook
Saddle and Tack Topics / Fitting Your Saddle to You
conformation that makes saddle searching a career Montezrider 6 525 09/03/2007 11:42:28
by: Stormie
Forum Suggestions & Information / Board Tips, Ideas and Suggestions
search engine sbower 2 365 02/12/2008 06:22:21
by: Hook

Old Posts. ( 20 replies or more.)
Locked topic.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Hey, the new Google custom search widget that appeared at the upper right seems to work pretty well! Great addition! I could never get the old search to work either.

'plash
PP - That is a cool widget. Works great.

Thanks,
Steve