Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Bros Saddle?
Hi Paul;

Sorry to hear about your Dad, but glad things went well and his recovery is progressing.

Thanks for the update
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Saddletramp,

Thanks for the info on the yahoo group, I joined it. I have not gotten a reply yet from it’s moderator on my acceptance.

IloveJoe,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to be here. My Dad is doing better, yet he and his body are getting use to what he can and cannot eat without a Gallbladder now.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger2007

My Dad is doing better, yet he and his body are getting use to what he can and cannot eat without a Gallbladder now.

I am one-year post surgery. While I didn't have stones, I had an *abnormal* gallbladder and it had to come out last June. I had babied it along for almost a year...even tried to convince my doc that I was lactose-intolerant instead. No such luck. I'd hate to tell your Dad, but I'm still figuring out which foods I can eat, and which I can't....and still have some of the same diet-related symptoms as before surgery. Some foods will work today, but next week they might give me problems. And without a gallbladder I've discovered that it is infinitely better to "graze" thru the day, eating several small snacks than to eat three or fewer larger meals. Definitely don't skip lunch to save calories for dinner. It doesn't work.

Hope that your Dad continues to improve!
-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Hi Saddletramp,

Thank you for sharing your surgery with me. I don’t wish to carry this on here, where it does not belong. I’m sending you an email.

Paul
Paul
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share with you how my Dads 80th Birthday Party went up on the ranch on Sunday, August 5th. We had a big turnout, it was a beautiful day, and we all have a great time. It just seemed to have gone by too fast. We had BBQ Ribs on a real BBQ Grill. I think our Grill is about 6’ long and about 3 to 4’ wide. We had that stoked with plenty of good wood and great coals from the fire for the ribs. We had enough slabs of ribs that it filled the BBQ Grill. We had Corn on the Cob, picked the day before at a local ranch. We also had Beans, a Salad, and Garlic Bread. Before all of that we had shrimp and a few other ordurve's to keep us from getting too hungry.

As you can see, I have put pictures my Dads Cake and an old picture of my Dad on a Friends horse getting ready for a parade back in either 1947 or 1948.

What is on the Cake is in reference to his years of Hunting Deer and Elk. Just Male Deer and Male Elk were hunted over the years.

[Image: Dads80thBirthdayCake.jpg]

[Image: TonyGoularteonMorganstud1946or47.jpg]
Paul

Love that picture of your Dad! What a treasure to keep! Thanks for sharing your dad's B-day.
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Hi Paul;

Glad to hear that everything went well for your Dad's birthday party. Sound like a terrific feast.

That cake sure looks yummy.

I really like the photo of your Dad on the horse. Looks like he was on top of the world.

I appreciate you taking the time to post the photos and share your Dad's birthday with us.

Thank you.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Great pic of your dad on horseback! And glad to hear that the party went well, sounds like the food was fantastic!
-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
That is such a great story and the picture priceless! He looks like he should have been in the movies! What a great picture to share. thanks!
I do not know if you are still on here, but I have been researching Price Brothers Saddles for my Mother-In-Law. Her grandfather was one of the Price Brothers. She has all kinds of information about the saddles, harnesses, bits and spurs that the Price Brothers made. If you are still looking for information on your father's saddle, please post back and let me know.